Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I have a really important event that I'm basically hosting on Tuesday night and I have the world's biggest spot just above my upper lip. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. My skin in general is really, really crappy at the moment too. Not cool.

The relief after this will be amazing though, I can't wait! And I have a pretty dress for it too. Pretty dresses are always good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

McChubbin wrote: »
    Get a job making cookies! If I had money, I'd happily pay you. :D

:oThank you! I could never work with food though- I used to work in a shop with sweets and icecream. Needless to say temptation is hard to avoid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

im a little sick today! have a wee bit of a headcold!

my laptop is annoying me...the y button doesnt really that much i have to beat it in place!!

also have to try find a bag somewhere to bring up my crap to Dubland this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Fishie wrote: »
    New Loungelight thread! It's KittyeeTrix this time, get yourselves over to the private forum and start questioning

*If you want access to the private forum, PM one of the tLL mods - rules are here :)

Thanks Fishie..............I've waited ages for this.
    Excited:o

I'll try not bore the asses off you all:D

@Bubblefett.............luvin the cookies

@gettingthere.......Welcome back to tLL:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

I've been working nights all weekend- this is my last. No matter how much I sleep during the day i'm still really lethargic and headache-y going in. Bah.

Last night was a weird mix...I was having a great time with some of our patients (it always feels nice when I realise that they like me, like when they insist on me sitting down to watch a film with them, or they crowd around to give me tips when I'm failing miserably in a game of pool), but then on the other hand i kept getting called out as part of the response team to another ward, where a patient kept self-harming. It's so anxiety-provoking when the alarm goes, particularly in the middle of the night and you have to run to a ward you don't know very well with no idea what you're going to find.

I really love working in mental health- it never feels trivial or meaningless like other jobs I've had, but i can see how easy it would be to get burned out by it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

@gettingthere.......Welcome back to tLL:)

Thanks! I think there's been 2 whole versions of this thread that I have missed!

I've been humming away to myself while doing things around the house and it's only just now I have realised I've been humming the theme tune to Emmerdale, I haven't even watched that show in years!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Password protect it.

She can't use it properly (well, safely I guess seeing as she's opening popups) so for the sake of the machine, it should be locked to her.

Wish I could but then she'd bitch and moan at me until I tell her the password. She has her own little netbook for writing on and tends to email her documents to herself so she can use my printer to print them out. Because she keeps downloading hidden object games onto this little not-really-built-for-gaming netbook, it's gone SUPER SLOW despite countless defrags and file purging.

I've told her if she wants to play games, she can get her own laptop to **** up. I paid a LOT of money and put myself into debt to buy SHELDON (Yes, I name my computers. *derp*) and the very last thing I want is for it to turn into a virus riddled piece of crap like the last computer I own.

The sad thing is, even if I were to password protect my computer, my brother is a tech-savy guy and he's circumvent it in minutes before giving me a lecture on how "sharing is caring". FFS, I don't share my property because about 90% of the time, my property is either broken, scratched, infected or generally mistreated.

I can't wait 'til the day comes when I can afford to move out and take my computer with me. No more constantly having to wipe stupid 8bit hidden object games from my hard-drive or have her nag me to use the printer/scanner...

Someone please give me some money so I can make this dream a reality? :(:mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

My knee is on fire - did a small bit of running today, ankle lasted all of five metres before I had to give up on it. Looking forward to physio tomorrow - I'd nearly guarantee she won't be able to go through all the problems I have with my legs. Fairly disappointed about the whole thing tbh, hope that the physio will be able to work on it, I really want to get back playing football at some level

I love my new laptop - keys are a bit looser than I am used to, but its working like a charm. Gonna buy 8GB RAM once I get paid next month, and get the brother to upgrade it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Wish I could but then she'd bitch and moan at me until I tell her the password. She has her own little netbook for writing on and tends to email her documents to herself so she can use my printer to print them out. Because she keeps downloading hidden object games onto this little not-really-built-for-gaming netbook, it's gone SUPER SLOW despite countless defrags and file purging.

I've told her if she wants to play games, she can get her own laptop to **** up. I paid a LOT of money and put myself into debt to buy SHELDON (Yes, I name my computers. *derp*) and the very last thing I want is for it to turn into a virus riddled piece of crap like the last computer I own.

The sad thing is, even if I were to password protect my computer, my brother is a tech-savy guy and he's circumvent it in minutes before giving me a lecture on how "sharing is caring". FFS, I don't share my property because about 90% of the time, my property is either broken, scratched, infected or generally mistreated.

I can't wait 'til the day comes when I can afford to move out and take my computer with me. No more constantly having to wipe stupid 8bit hidden object games from my hard-drive or have her nag me to use the printer/scanner...

Someone please give me some money so I can make this dream a reality? :(:mad:

let her then? if shes always messing your computer up then just tell her you dont want her using it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

You could always move to linux. That way she wouldn't be able to screw it up. If you must stay with Windows, create her 'very own' account for her to use and make sure it has no privileges to install stuff (or even to access t'internet). Password protect your account (which shouldn't be the administrator account) and leave her to it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I paid a LOT of money and put myself into debt to buy SHELDON (Yes, I name my computers. *derp*)
    I name mine too. Even my iPod has a name. :o
    cdaly_ wrote: »
    If you must stay with Windows, create her 'very own' account for her to use and make sure it has no privileges to install stuff (or even to access t'internet). Password protect your account (which shouldn't be the administrator account) and leave her to it...
    Oooohh.. clever. ;)

My laptop battery is wearing pretty low now- barely lasts 2-3 hours; used to be a LOT more. Oh well, I'll have to put up with it since (a) I've no money for a new laptop and (b) I installed microsoft office onto it last month and don't think I can move it to another laptop anyway! :o

Posy wrote: »
    I name mine too. Even my iPod has a name. :o

Oooohh.. clever. ;)

My laptop battery is wearing pretty low now- barely lasts 2-3 hours; used to be a LOT more. Oh well, I'll have to put up with it since (a) I've no money for a new laptop and (b) I installed microsoft office onto it last month and don't think I can move it to another laptop anyway! :o

Both my iPod and my external harddrive are called Godzilla.

My iPod is called Isaac.

(..because Isaac Newton was apparently inspired come up with his theory of gravity by watching an apple fall from a tree.) :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

cdaly_ wrote: »
    You could always move to linux. That way she wouldn't be able to screw it up. If you must stay with Windows, create her 'very own' account for her to use and make sure it has no privileges to install stuff (or even to access t'internet). Password protect your account (which shouldn't be the administrator account) and leave her to it...

I'm not an expert in making user accounts on a computer. Do you have any tutorials on how to do this? I'm a bit dense when ikt comes to being techno savvy. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Drinking on my own on a Sunday night, boyfriend called into work again. Sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hello loungers, hope you all had a great weekend! :)

I'm just back from staying with bf. He really liked the buns and the cookies I made. I was so nervous he wouldn't. He said he was proud of me too. :o Had a great time as usual. Can't believe it's been almost 15 months. Feels like we've been together for ages but at the same time it feels like we're just starting out, it's weird.

Something odd happened to me earlier. I was just coming out of the bus station in Athlone and someone said "Good morning!" in a real cheery voice. This was at 7.15 this evening.. There are some strange people out there. It was slightly amusing at the same time.

I currently have a chipmunk sitting on my keyboard and being very cute. His tail is all cute and bushy and he's making the little sneezy sound he makes when he's happy. He's very excited, I think he missed me. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Currently preparing myself for my Skills Demonstration tomorrow! When I say preparing I mean drinking a nice cold bottle of Miller :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Can't wait to see my new friends in the morning! I'm bringing in The Notebook on dvd for one of the patients. We had a big, long chat on Friday and she was telling me that she never has anything to do and it gets her down so I'm gonna try keep her occupied all week. (I checked out what other dvd's she has so I could see what she's into and she had things like Titanic so I reckon romance might be the way to go! Plus, I asked her had she seen it and she said no but that she'd love to so hopefully this cheers her up a teeny bit :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

hi everyone

shattered after a busy, and slightly drunken weekend. :o

fun was had though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Once again, Sunday evening comes and I'm glued to my laptop watching Rory McIlroy! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I'm not an expert in making user accounts on a computer. Do you have any tutorials on how to do this? I'm a bit dense when ikt comes to being techno savvy. :/

'fraid not. I don't do Windows; not since Windows 98, I've been on linux since about Y2K or thereabouts.

Go to Control Panel -> Users or some such and see what options are available...

Rory McIlroy - Golf World Number 1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Hi Ladies, hope ye all had a lovely weekend.

I'm only working two days this week but I've still got the Sunday night blues in a big way!

But in excellent news, I've found Tesco sells massive bottles of my latest addiction. Yumzers...

lemonade_145x450.jpg

Just watching the Got To Dance: Meet the Finalists because I've forgotten who I've seen. OMG Sweet Surprise is out of this world. And she's only 7! :eek:

Just checked my FF standings, up to second in all four leagues I'm in! :D

Bedtime now! Work in the morning! Night all!

Mmmmm pink lemonade is the best.

I'm in a ridiculously super good mood today :)
    Last night I was reunited with a very sentimental ring I lost 7 years ago!! I keep looking at it on my finger, can't believe I have it back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just checked my FF standings, up to second in all four leagues I'm in! :D

Bedtime now! Work in the morning! Night all!

I had an atrocious week. 17 points. :o

I have to be up in 7 hours for work.
    Then I have to go to work.
    Then I have to work for 9 hours.
    I am not happy about this! :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    I have to be up in 7 hours for work.
    Then I have to go to work.
    Then I have to work for 9 hours.
    I am not happy about this! :pac:

Bubblefett's plan for Posy's super awesome day:
    When you get up have chocolate for breakfast
    When you go to work buy a 99 to eat on route
    When you're in work have a bag of pick n mix to keep you buzzed all day
    When you finish work YEAY!! (though you'll probably sugar crash :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

I need to have a moan about one of my friends hasn’t really been a friend lately. :(

I helped her out tonnes when she was preparing for her presentation because I knew she was really nervous about it. I hated the thought of her feeling stressed or worried about it since I know from personal experience with my anxiety just how hard it is to stand up in front of a group of people and speak. So I all but did the Powerpoint slides for her, taught her how to use it for when she would be doing the presentation, gave her index cards to write her additional notes on and brought in my laptop for the day she was to do her presentation and just generally provided words of encouragement. I did all that for her and I never even got a simple thank you. Is it really that hard to say?

I only did so much for her because I know she has stuff going on at home and I didn’t want her having to worry about the presentation on top of all that. Of our group of friends I’m the only one who actually understands, to a degree, the situation at home and I’ve been the one she can confide in and talk to and gain sympathy from. I’m furious with myself for being so nice to her and helping her out so much now that I realise she doesn’t appreciate it one bit. Am I overreacting? I just feel as though I have been taken advantage of.

In other news, I’ve tonnes of college work on at the moment. I don’t have any time to myself and am feeling fairly run down as a result. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Sorry to hear you're feeling down, Mollikins. I don't blame you for feeling that way. It was really nice of you to help your friend so much. You sound like a great friend. I think "thank you"s are still important in close friendships, even when it may not seem necessary because you know them so well and it seems like a friendship obligation.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you're feeling down, Mollikins. I don't blame you for feeling that way. It was really nice of you to help your friend so much. You sound like a great friend. I think "thank you"s are still important in close friendships, even when it may not seem necessary because you know them so well and it seems like a friendship obligation.

Thanks Foux! :)

I’ve only known her since September so we’re not *that* close. The module that the presentation was for is mandatory so if you don’t pass in you don’t get your full qualification and she hasn’t been doing too well in the previous assignments we submitted so she needed the extra help I gave her. I just thought she would appreciate me helping her more. I’ve been the only one to support her through the stuff going on at home and I have my own problems to be dealing with too, which she is aware about but hasn’t taken an interest in at all. I hate that I misjudged her character so much and I just feel really used.

Anyway, better head to bed. Another week of college to get through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I had an atrocious week. 17 points. :o

Oh god me too! My captain, Bale, didn't play, Sessegnon, my vice captain, got -2 points (so doubled to -4 points, woop :rolleyes:). Ba got -1 points. And none of my subs played.

Mollikins, have you said anything to your friend to let her know how you feel?
    Maybe she feels you should know she's thankful and thinks she doesn't have to say it.. or perhaps she really isn't too bothered by all your help. Either way, I'd have to say something- I always prefer these things being out in the open though! :o

Ugh, about 4 hours sleep last night. Sooo tired. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

It's Mondayyy!* :) I feel a good week coming on! Two assignments due and only one half done...this will not be another procrastination week!!

*I may be high on fresh Orange Juice :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Will someone please download my next batch of assignments from Moodle and force them upon me?
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Just watching the Got To Dance: Meet the Finalists because I've forgotten who I've seen. OMG Sweet Surprise is out of this world. And she's only 7! :eek:

She freaks me out. Creepy little paedo's dream-child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

It's almost 5am in Toronto and I am sitting up watching youtube videos. I have to be up in four hours. Brain is working overtime, body is a hungover mess. Emotions all over the shop. Well this is fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Hurry up 5pm !

Oh god me too! My captain, Bale, didn't play, Sessegnon, my vice captain, got -2 points (so doubled to -4 points, woop :rolleyes:). Ba got -1 points. And none of my subs played.

I was delighted my captain Silva didn't play - vice captain was Dempsey :D Catching up to the person in second in my college league - looking forward to the run in for the rest of the season!

Woke this morning and my ankle is in bits - more work for the physio to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I was delighted my captain Silva didn't play - vice captain was Dempsey :D Catching up to the person in second in my college league - looking forward to the run in for the rest of the season!
    I HAVE Dempsey, my fella told me to put Dempsey as captain, and I said "Nah, he won't do anything!". Kicking myself now!

• Advertisement

Morning all!
    The OH has just set up a boards account, he's all excited about getting thanked for posts- it's terribly cute

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

What a rollercoaster of a weekend! Pity it has ended on a complete low! It's kinda like the rollercoaster crashed into the ground on the last hill down! As much as I love love love sport, I hate what local rivalries do to people :( So terribly upset!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

bubblefett wrote: »
    I love them :D

Had a nice day yesterday, did nothing all day as I was shattered from the past few days in London.

Went for dinner last night with my boyfriend, we went to my fave restaurant, I had steak and it was delicious he had carbonara which was lovely too.

Breakfast now :D

Found three course which I can put my name down for, fingers crossed I won't be fobbed off any more, I am sick of being fobbed off :(

Nice, bright, sunny day today, have to go into town later, hopefully it won't rain. :)

Upon Bubblefett's advice, I had coffee and a Golden-Crisp for breakfast in work. There's also an emergency creme egg in the kitchen press that I have decided now belongs to me. :p

Morning all. Hope we're all well. :)

Just happened to wake earlier when my Mam was calling my brother for school and I got a text. Me: "who the feck is texting me at 7am?!" It was my bf saying he woke up to use the bathroom and the first thing he did was check to see if I was okay. :o He must have forgotten I wasn't there. I just thought it was so sweet. I did shed a few tears I must say.

Off to shower now and then I might make some scones or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Did a serious wardrobe clearout last night, cannot believe how much stuff I had! Clearly I used to be a lot more impulsive about buying clothes :rolleyes: 1 bin-liner's worth for throwing out, another 5 shopping bags for SVP and yet more for eBay! For the past year I had been using the box room as my own personal wardrobe, will be nice to actually have it as a spare room again!

It's just 11am and I haven't done any real work yet. It's going to start piling up soon.

Someone tell me to do some work please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Jane, I mean this in the nicest possible way, but I think you need to lighten up a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I've just noticed my boyfriend shared a link to the competition my business has been voted in on his own business page, he really hammed up the "support a local business and vote" angle, I hadn't even thought of it, he's so clever! :D

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Jane, I mean this in the nicest possible way, but I think you need to lighten up a bit!

I think she meant the tears in a "that's so sweet way" :) not a sad way

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement