Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handycam help

Options
  • 08-02-2012 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum, but if anyone can help me out with this I'd appreciate it.

I inherited a Sony Handycam CCD-F370E recently, and have been trying in vain to make it work for the last few days.

It's basically got a new random problem daily. First it started slowly underexposing everything, and when output to a tv it only showed purple. It had worked for about an hour prior to that.

Next it decided it was low on battery and shut off, despite me trying 3 batteries, and plugging it in directly to a socket. Today it's running on one battery.

But it's also telling me to eject the tape and won't record.

Is it beyond help? Can it be saved, and is it worth it? I have no idea the quality I'd get from it, but I was hoping to learn how to use it before making a documentary for college on a rented camera.

Cheers, and sorry if this is the wrong place for this

Advertisement