Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child with worms

Options
  • 08-02-2012 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi everyone.
    I am just posting here looking for information. I just discovered worms in my five year old sons bowel movement. The problem is they were long worms. They are the spiting image of an earthworm, only creamy/white. I'm a bit worried to be honest, can't get him to a GP until morning. I'm a mother of 5, ranging in age from 5 to 26 and I have experienced worms on many occasion with the rest of the kids, but not this kind. They were always tiny little things. He was showing all the usual signs of worms so I decided to check his movement before he went to bed My husband is not really worried as he swears that he had worms that big when he was young, but that isn't really relaxing my fears. Just looking to see if any of members have had similar experiences.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Hi, welcome to boards, try here for an answer but no medical advice is allowed on boards.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=251

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭vixen chaser

yeah I remember having worms when I was a young lad, and having to take a worm dose every so often. Some tasted nice others absolutely horrible. I remember one of the times I had them and they were LONG. I don't mean to sound gross or anything but I think they crawled out of my butt, and maybe even down my leg. I was terrified. I was fairly young at the time so can't be sure but they were deffinately long. I remember the itch was unbearable. I didn't go to the Doctor, my Mom just got a milkshake like drink from the chemist. I think my Mom and Dad were blaming a puppy at the time, and they'd blame the sweets for the small ones:eek:. Around the same time I had them we got a little Kerry blue pup from the Neighbour and I remember the morning ater we got him we found him dead out in the shed and there were a load of worms around him. Poor thing was crawling with them I'm sure it's nothing to worry about,Kids get these things from time to time. just get him dosed,and bring him to the doctor if you are really worried

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Again, please take this issue to the Parenting forum.

This forum is for people to ask questions about the actual site itself.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement