Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 lost 3G and not sending texts

• 08-02-2012 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

I have an iPhone 4 which was working perfectly up until yesterday when our of no where it lost any connection to the Internet unless I'm connected to a wifi spot and it won't send or receive texts even though my Vodafone signal is fine. I didn't drop it or anything, does anyone have any idea what I should do?

So far I have restored it on iTunes and backed it up from my phone as well as backed it as a new iPhone. I also held the power and home button to reset it but neither worked.

I would really appreciate some help here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭BMF Plint

How old is the phone.
    Did you drop it
    Did it get wet
    do you ever get a no service icon where you would normally have reception

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

BMF Plint wrote: »
    How old is the phone.
    Did you drop it
    Did it get wet
    do you ever get a no service icon where you would normally have reception

Nope I sent a txt put it down my on my desk and when I went to send another all these problems had occurred. Phone is about a year and a half old, service has always been fine

try switching aeroplane mode on and off.
    go to the vodafone site and see can you get the carrier settings sent to it.
    By any chance do you have a apple care warranty on it.

BMF Plint wrote: »
    try switching aeroplane mode on and off.
    go to the vodafone site and see can you get the carrier settings sent to it.
    By any chance do you have a apple care warranty on it.

I tried aeroplane mode already no luck there. I don't have apple care warranty unfortunately, I'll have a look on the Vodafone site thanks

Has anyone else got any suggestions in the meantime? Really need help here need the phone for work

• Advertisement

all you can do is ring vodafone in the morning and see is it something on there end if not its a radio issue in the iphone

Advertisement