Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petition For LC Exam In General Knowledge

• 08-02-2012 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I think there should be a leaving cert exam in general knowledge for those of us who like to randomly learn fun facts on Wikipedia. It should be called "Advanced General Knowledge" and the syllabus should just be a blank piece of paper, symbolizing the vastness of the learning experience. There should be an oral exam in which you are placed in a room with one of those people who seems to know everything. The conversation should just be a back and forth trading of information, marks awarded for besting the examiner with some quirky facts like "did you know hippo milk is pink?", marks should also be awarded for instilling interest in the fact you've stated through the use of facial expressions and emphasis on the "Did you know...". The paper itself should just have 10 questions, which can be on the subject of absolutely anything conceivable, provided the answer is somewhere to be found on Wikipedia. Finally there should also be a practical test in which you are placed in a random location anywhere in the world and you have to use your vast bank of knowledge to find your way home (kind of like some Bear Grylles episode). Show your support for this groundbreaking new subject concept. A petition needs to be made soon... maybe after I google the history of petitions a few times. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

That's a guaranteed A1 for me so...I am the Queen of useless knowledge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Leaving Cert CSPE... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

It'll be too late for us I'm afraid :(

Advertisement