Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy DLC batman.

Options
  • 08-02-2012 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

I'm a fan of DLC if you enjoy a game and it makes it longer thats a good thing.The likes of fallout 3, fallout new vegas, Red Dead and more DLC added alot of gameplay but i can't for the love of me can't understand this thing of day one DLC and how much of it there is oh my god. Just went on to have my weekly look at the xbox live offering and saw an amazing amount of DLC for gotham city impostors oh my god alot. It would be bad if it was a full retail game but this is a download title. Brings to mind Gears of War 3 great game don't get me wrong amazing game but the amount of content to buy on day one is unreal. I remember the days of buying a ps2 game and playing and unlocking stuff that now i have to buy as day one DLC.
    Any thoughts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Thing is games are getting more expensive to make, and unless game prices go up something has to give (Game prices havent really changed since PS2 days)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

You can unlock a lot of that content simply by ranking up in Gotham City Imposters. On the other hand if you're lazy you can always just buy it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Yea I hate these games that are releasing DLC that is unlockable through the game. I find it alot in racing games where you can just pay to unlock all the cars rather than earning them through playing the game. It really used to get on my nerves when trying to play Split Second online as people would have the best cars. Really drove me away from the online until I'd ranked up sufficiently through offline play.

Similar thing happened in Fight Night where people could buy XP packs and overpower their boxers which completely made a farce out of the online play.

Advertisement