Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kuhn Rikon Pressure Cookers

• 08-02-2012 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey All,

New to boards and thought I'd ask for a bit of advice.

I'm loking for a pressure cooker and at the moment am hell bent on getting myself a kuhn rikon inox 6L.

The problem is I cant find a stockinst anywhere in the country. The only place so far I've been able to find one is in the UK and as you can imagine the shipping cost is fairly high.

So does anyone know where I can get one here, or if Im going a bit over the top with a kuhn rikon and can recommend a good alternative.

I'm expecting to hammer it with use once I get it!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Sorry, don't know anything about Kuhn Rikon but would not recommend getting a pressure cooker that doesn't have a stockist here. You will need to replace lid seals etc. every now and again and if you can't source the cooker here you will have even more problems getting the spare parts.
    I have a WMF pressure cooker, 16 years old and as good as new even though it is being used at least twice a week. I have seen them in Ireland. I believe that the Tefal pressure cookers are quite good, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Lidl and maybe Aldi sell stainless Pressure cookers every so often.
    I can't remember the make but they are a big enough name.
    I have a Prestige High-Dome that I have used a lot for bottling Tuna etc and its been flawless, plus you can buy seals most places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

breen_og wrote: »
    Hey All,

New to boards and thought I'd ask for a bit of advice.

I'm loking for a pressure cooker and at the moment am hell bent on getting myself a kuhn rikon inox 6L.

The problem is I cant find a stockinst anywhere in the country. The only place so far I've been able to find one is in the UK and as you can imagine the shipping cost is fairly high.

So does anyone know where I can get one here, or if Im going a bit over the top with a kuhn rikon and can recommend a good alternative.

I'm expecting to hammer it with use once I get it!! :)
    TK Maxx sell a lot of Kuhn Rikon stuff, but I am not sure if that includes pressure cookers.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

If you're still looking, OP, Delia's Kitchen shop in Cork city stocks Kuhn Rikon products awhile. I didn't notice the Inox pressure cooker but they had the Hotpan pots. Give them a ring to see if they can order one in for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You will need to replace lid seals etc. every now and again
    The "all american" brand ones are built like tanks, they have no rubber seal, just metal on metal. I have read of people using 50+ year old ones with no problems. I have never seen them in shops here, even getting one within europe will be hard, and they are very large. They also work very well.
    CJhaughey wrote: »
    I have a Prestige High-Dome that I have used a lot for bottling Tuna etc and its been flawless, plus you can buy seals most places.
    I have a prestige high dome and would highly recommend it.

This is one
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8610351/Trail/searchtext%3EPRESTIGE.htm

I read some new fancier prestige ones are not that great. Old school ones have less to go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

You could get the pressure cooker you want from Amazon - I checked the postage and it's £8.20 to Ireland - not too bad when you consider the price of the cooker itself. Here's the link. I got my own pressure cooker (a far more modest Premier Housewares 7 litre) through Amazon and have been delighted with it :) I believe spare parts are also available through Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Darkginger wrote: »
    I checked the postage and it's £8.20 to Ireland
    Delivery is free if you tick the box on the checkout page. Once your entire basket is over £25 it is free.

Some guys in other threads even did sneaky tricks with this, order 2 items to get the value over £25, one of the items should be out of stock so will not be sent. Then cancel the out of stock item once the other is sent.

Advertisement