Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence Festival 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dien

Really looking forward to this now. I've made my peace with the fact that the weather is likely to be crap, the craic will be had none the less! We had a brilliant weekend last year so here's hoping for more of the same this weekend.
    See y'all tomorrow folks, safe journey down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

This thread has answered a lotta questions! First time Indiependence goer so really stoked for it! Weather seems to be dry down here atm but predictions are rain for all Friday and Saturday :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone know if there will be scouts / volunteers helping to put up tents this year?

Think it happened last year but I could be wrong..

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Cant wait for this weekend? any one driving down from Galway to festival with space for two ? obviously would pitch in for fuel

Also, just a small suggestion, I know there's a FAQ section on the Indie website but it could be worth while posting a note on the facebook page with FAQ's..

Noticed on facebook especially that people are constantly asking the same questions.. And if they scrolled down they'd find the answers to most questions..Maybe a note could prevent this.

Just an idea anyway in case any of the organisers read this.

This is a prime example...

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    Also, just a small suggestion, I know there's a FAQ section on the Indie website but it could be worth while posting a note on the facebook page with FAQ's..

Noticed on facebook especially that people are constantly asking the same questions.. And if they scrolled down they'd find the answers to most questions..Maybe a note could prevent this.

Just an idea anyway in case any of the organisers read this.

This is a prime example...

To be fair, I know the guy asking about the beer and he's famed for asking questions he already knows the answer to for attention. The only thing I couldn't find on the site was about leaving/entering the campsite during the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

To be fair, I know the guy asking about the beer and he's famed for asking questions he already knows the answer to for attention. The only thing I couldn't find on the site was about leaving/entering the campsite during the festival
    you can come and go in and out of the campsite anytime throughout the weekend.

you can come and go in and out of the campsite anytime throughout the weekend.

Yeah I figured that out a bit ago with lads asking about the pub. That'll save me a lot of money! :pac:

It was more the guy asking about bringing in Jameson that caught my eye!haha All he'd to do was scroll down like 4 comments and he's see the answer! :P

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Cant wait for this weekend? any one driving down from Galway to festival with space for two ? obviously would pitch in for fuel

There's someone on the Indie fb page offering a lift from Galway with 3 spaces..

It was posted about 2 hours ago

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Presume there is no ATM on site? And also how much of a walk is it from the car park to either campsite

Casshern88 wrote: »

Did you get sorted with the lift btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Presume there is no ATM on site? And also how much of a walk is it from the car park to either campsite
    well there was only 1 campsite last year and it was about a 2min walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Can't wait for this now! Not expecting much weather wise but I was at Life already this year which turned out to be the nicest weekend of the year so can't complain :)

See ye all there!

The packing has begun :)

Made the decision to go on Monday with a buddy of mine and I've been watching this thread all week. Any questions I had were already answered so fair play to ye. Just back from stocking up on all the essentials from tesco and the van is packed so we're good to go!! Rain, hail or shine I'm sure everyone will have a cracking weekend! Safe journey too and from the place guys and hope everyone enjoys it. See ye soon :)

INDIEPENDENCE Music & Arts Festival
    Folks. Due to the amount of rain that fell we have to move our camper van parking. As a result we will be offering refunds to those who have camper van tickets. We will be moving camper vans to the car park next door. Produce your camper van ticket at the ticket office to avail of your refund. Apologies for the late notice but rainfall overnight has scuppered these plans.
    If you're making your way to us today, take a look outside. It's not a nice day. Bring rain gear, bring waterproof footwear, bring your mammy and some chicken soup.
    Folks, please stay tuned to Facebook for updates on Car Parking. You'll thank us on Monday when you are not bogged in!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Think i will get a spin over instead of parking now. Don't like the sound of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

anyone know what the conditions are like down there at the moment, i presume its going to be a washout going by some comments on the facebook page?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    anyone know what the conditions are like down there at the moment, i presume its going to be a washout going by some comments on the facebook page?

I live about a mile from the venue and I don't think it's as bad as they say it is to be honest. (having said that though, I'm not going this year so I haven't seen what sort of a state the actual site is in) A bit mucky like but bring a pair of wellies (which I'm sure everyone will have thought of) and have a great weekend!!! It'll be grand!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

If anyone is coming tonight for the finish of it, the site is pure muck, so come prepared. Should be a laugh though.

Just home. Thank you!!! That was one epic weekend!!

Was just an amazing weekend! Front row for Feeder, had our hat worn by Feeder and the Coronas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Great festival, I have to say it is tremendously run, do the security sleep at all though :pac: Same people all weekend with no obvious breaks :D

Some of the best festival goers I've ever come across, everyone was so happy to be there, I only came across one bollix who was off his tits and calling every lady around him whatever names he could think of.

It was muddy as hell, but that's to be expected, it was really great. Will likely be going next year! :)

Anyone know what the story is with lost and found?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

I've never seen town so busy on a Sunday... Cars stretched the whole way out the Dublin road, all up the drive to the pitch and everywhere else possible... Great to see the shops and restaurants etc. doing so well... Fair play to Shane Dunne and everyone else who helped with it!

Was gutted I couldn't go, but it did sound fairly epic when the wind was blowing in the right direction!!! :D
    I'd say Feeder and The Coronas were class... The Coronas were unreal last year, and they're just after a great new album so I can only imagine how savage they were... :( Let's hope they make it an unprecented 4 in a row and return again next year! ;)

Loved the weekend , we ended up coming home to Kildare after the Coronas but still had a great weekend and will def go back next year.

It was weird (in a good way) that when you got into the arena there were no real security people there , but i dont think they needed them . Was a real relaxed vibe , didnt see any trouble just people having a good time.

So many great Irish acts and is the main reason i loved the festival , it wasnt all about the big acts like Feeder(who were deadly) . I ended up seeing loads of great irish acts like Le Galaxie , We Cut Corners , The Minutes , Time is a Thief , Spies etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Anyone see Ham Sandwich ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

threein99 wrote: »

They were very good. Made sure I got there this year after missing them last. Great fun, especially when they brought two young kids up on stage.

• Advertisement

threein99 wrote: »

Yea they were great fun

Advertisement