Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence Festival 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dien

What a great weekend! The mud was everywhere but it didn't seem to dampen spirits too much and the crowd were chilled and friendly. Ham Sandwich were the highlight again for me, their energy on stage has to be seen to be believed.
    Fair play to anyone involved in organising such a cracking festival. Looking forward to next year already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

They were very good. Made sure I got there this year after missing them last. Great fun, especially when they brought two young kids up on stage.

to sing with them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Loved the weekend , we ended up coming home to Kildare after the Coronas but still had a great weekend and will def go back next year.

It was weird (in a good way) that when you got into the arena there were no real security people there , but i dont think they needed them . Was a real relaxed vibe , didnt see any trouble just people having a good time.

So many great Irish acts and is the main reason i loved the festival , it wasnt all about the big acts like Feeder(who were deadly) . I ended up seeing loads of great irish acts like Le Galaxie , We Cut Corners , The Minutes , Time is a Thief , Spies etc

They were fantastic, my new band from Indie! Feeder were absolute class, Royseven were very good as were the Coronas, who changed their setlist from their Marquee gig. Silent Disco's a fantastic concept as well! Delorentos were alright, was left disappointed by Daft Funk and the lead singer of Half Man Part Bicycle was acting the absolute b*llox so that kinda turned me off them. Was disappointed to miss British Sea Power and Ham Sandwich.

Aside from the music festival was run very well, got used to the mud by Saturday and the security were sound out, and was reassuring they were so thorough! Food wasn't horrendously overpriced, only problem was the drink was far too expensive, and there was no choice!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

threein99 wrote: »
    to sing with them ?

Nope , there were 2 young lads air drumming along to every song in the front row , so they brought them up and they were hitting a drum for one of the songs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

The Kanyu Tree and Scroobius Pip are probably the acts that I've taken from the festival. Shout out to Karma Parking in the stoner tent too, nice bit of reggae to finish the festival with. Was quite impressed with The Frank and Walters playing some Kraftwerk also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Great craic but shame about the weather. Highlights for me included Jape, Le Galaxie, The Minutes and Ham Sandwich. Was a little disappointed about one of the djs at the silent disco on the saturday ruining all the songs by talking over them and one prick of a security guard taking my prescription medication off me. I also thought the layout of the festival area was better last year. All in all a good weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

It was weird (in a good way) that when you got into the arena there were no real security people there , but i dont think they needed them . Was a real relaxed vibe , didnt see any trouble just people having a good time.

During the day there weren't that many, but at night there were a few, mostly up by the stages (to get a good vantage) but in general they were pretty inconspicuous.

In the whole weekend I only saw one guy get lifted out o it, and that was at the last 10 minutes when he started climbing in the 80's/90's tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Four of us went down and had a great weekend. 2 many dj's and scroobius pip were my highlights. Was a bit disapointed beardyman cancelled but there was plenty of other stuff to go to. I have to say I saw no real trouble all weekend which really reflected the vibe(god I hate that word). Did anyone eat at rebel burger ? It was f*$king amazing :O

Peter T wrote: »
    Four of us went down and had a great weekend. 2 many dj's and scroobius pip were my highlights. Was a bit disapointed beardyman cancelled but there was plenty of other stuff to go to. I have to say I saw no real trouble all weekend which really reflected the vibe(god I hate that word). Did anyone eat at rebel burger ? It was f*$king amazing :O

Got a slice from Pizza Base, yerwan said she slightly burned it (It was perfect TBH) and I got money off :D Food was really good there though, everyone I knew ate somewhere different and they had nothing but good to say about the lot :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Got a slice from Pizza Base, yerwan said she slightly burned it (It was perfect TBH) and I got money off :D Food was really good there though, everyone I knew ate somewhere different and they had nothing but good to say about the lot :D

That pizza place was the nicest food there followed by the eco bus . I got the slice of pizza/garlic bread/drink for €8.50 and was great price and f'n lovely . Although my friend got noodles and got sick shortly after eating them , seemed dodgy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

That pizza place was the nicest food there followed by the eco bus . I got the slice of pizza/garlic bread/drink for €8.50 and was great price and f'n lovely . Although my friend got noodles and got sick shortly after eating them , seemed dodgy

Same happened to one of my friends. Sounds dodgy alright. Rebel Burger was beautiful as were the mini donuts.

Same happened to one of my friends. Sounds dodgy alright. Rebel Burger was beautiful as were the mini donuts.

Really? My buddy got stuff there and said it was grand. I don't generally eat out of anything with wheels on it so I was up to Tesco a couple of times to get cheap food :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I had the noodles along with about 6 mates, and I have had them at a good few festivals and never had an issue with them. They were excellent as usual!

Got the mini donuts too. they were so so nice !!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Ah yes the mini donuts......

qn21n.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Did everybody hear that fool shouting 'AYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOO' on Sunday morning or was he just located close to my tent?

Gobshíte!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Grayfox

Does anyone know who came on to cover for beardyman, or the music he was playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

REID filled in, usually plays his own electronica type stuff.

http://soundcloud.com/reid

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Grayfox

Wow, thanks for sharing these. Another lot of cool tunes to add to the collection from Indie, alongside King Kong Company.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

Found the mud a bit hard to take at times, so hard to walk anywhere. Great laugh apart from that though, the noodles were amazing. Wonder if they ever found Fintan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

We hope you all enjoyed yourselves. The mud put a major spanner in our works but we pumped thousands and thousands into the site at the last minute to make it a bit more bearable. Anyone who has been there any other year will testify that the ground holds up extremely well even in wet conditions but the rain that fell the few days before was simply unprecedented. We had pics of the site on Facebook up to Tuesday and the place looked great but the weather gods decided things were going too smoothly.

Hope you'll recommend us to your friends and see you all next year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

We hope you all enjoyed yourselves. The mud put a major spanner in our works but we pumped thousands and thousands into the site at the last minute to make it a bit more bearable. Anyone who has been there any other year will testify that the ground holds up extremely well even in wet conditions but the rain that fell the few days before was simply unprecedented. We had pics of the site on Facebook up to Tuesday and the place looked great but the weather gods decided things were going too smoothly.

Hope you'll recommend us to your friends and see you all next year

I'm no festival expert or anything but maybe wooden boards (or something similar) could have been put on the path areas? It was very difficult to walk along the paths once they turned into a sea of mud but in fairness like you said the conditions were fairly unprecedented.

Another thing was I saw lads dumping bins full of that wood chip stuff at the entrance to the campsites. It probably wasn't physically possible to drag the bins further but the wood chip was needed further down in the campsite. There wasn't too much use having at the entrance as that area wasn't too bad. Fair play for opening up the path parallel to the campsite leading up to the arena, that seemed to help a good bit.

Just some minor complaints/suggestions. Other than that had a great festival!

Stood right beside our tents. ****.... The most hated man at Indiependence.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

This is wonderful. Thanks to the guys at Zombie for this

• Registered Users Posts: 13 therattler

Bring it on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LimitingFactor

One thing I won't be doing again is bringing a nice tent. It attracts too much attention. I came back to my tent on th saturday night to find someone had been in it, and possibly had sex in it (condoms were missing), same again on the sunday night. On th plus side, they left a pair of ray bans and some make up behind...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hankfitz

I have been reading some great reviews of Indiependence on the internet.
    Barring the mud it seems to have gone down a treat.

One particular review I liked was a guest blog over on festivals.ie
    The mental turmoil was excruciating, analysing all the festivals the bank holiday weekend had to offer before reaching a decision: Indiependence. Mitchelstown doesn’t have near as much charm or fairy lights as Castlepalooza but the atmosphere was still buzzing despite being the muddiest festival I’ve ever been to.

Here is the link to the full review, http://festivals.ie/blog/view/Niall/All+the+women%2C+Indiependent well worth a read!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

http://www.facebook.com/INDIEPENDENCEFEST/posts/306617852777558
    INDIEPENDENCE Music & Arts Festival 2013 Early Bird Tickets will be on sale from www.tickets.ie from this coming Friday (30th) at 9am priced at just €70 for 3 day camping tickets. We've been working hard on the new site design for 2013 and
    its starting to take shape as well as already having a couple of the main acts close to confirmed. We are really going to step things up substantially for next year so hopefully you'll all come along for the ride!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Glad to see they are changing to festival layout. It was a way better layout 2 years ago. last year everything felt small

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Anybody hear about 2013?

Advertisement