Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence Festival 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone know the opening hours of the ticket office on Friday?

Think I saw it's open from 10 am but I've no idea how long it stays open..

Anyone know?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I've worked Oxegen a half dozen times, EP 3 times and loads of small gigs and festivals. This is the first time I paid for a festival for the entire weekend, and I'm more excited than for any others! :D Scroobius Pip is gonna make my weekend! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

391526_10150962696616545_1310289852_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5 onedmg

Nearly all set now and seriously looking forward to this!!

Just 2 quick questions if anyone can help me...

When it says no bbqs, gas cannisters or glass on site - does this mean the festival site or is it festival site including campsite? Just wondering if we could bbq in campsite?

And then if Im bringing a coolerbox can I buy ice somewhere (at the bar in mini-village) or should I put ice in it before leaving home? Trying to cut down on weight that I need to carry.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

No BBQs anywhere please folks. We don't have anywhere selling ice either, it's tough enough keep it onsite for bars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 McTeaLover

Im driving down to the festival on friday from Limerick , should be arriving there between 5 and 6pm. Will there be parking available at that time? i have a camping ticket.
    thanks!

It will fill up pretty fast but we've organised two overflows.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

What time on Friday can we go....I've the day off and I'll probably need several hours to put up my tent either way :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

PaulieC wrote: »
    What time on Friday can we go....I've the day off and I'll probably need several hours to put up my tent either way :pac:

Car park opens at 10am on Friday, and the Campsite opens at 12pm.

Any idea what alcohol will be sold on site?

I know last year it was pints of Bavaria for 5 euro and Bacardi rum. Will it be the same this year?

Also, will there be an offy-type set up on-site selling cans? If so, any idea of prices/brands?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 sile seilide

I`m having trouble deciding between this and Liss Ard- help?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think Liss Ard would be more intimate, smaller too maybe 3 and a half thousand people, whilst Indiependence is considerably larger. If you like your alternative rock and electro stuff Id imagine you would like indie, Liss Ard would be more eclectic, has lesser stages with music from the 80s and 90s with Bob Mould, Paul Buchannan etc, excellent reggae from Toots (from 1960s to present) and David Rodigan and some cool electro from Nicolas Jaar who closes the main stage on Saturday night.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Eod100 wrote: »
    Any idea what alcohol will be sold on site?

I know last year it was pints of Bavaria for 5 euro and Bacardi rum. Will it be the same this year?

Also, will there be an offy-type set up on-site selling cans? If so, any idea of prices/brands?

Thanks!
    Off the top of my head, Bavaria, Bacardi, Bulmers and Wine amongst others.

No offy. It wasn't in demand last year really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ilikemusiclots

Does anyone know the details about box office collection?? Where it is, times etc..Thanks!

Does anyone know the details about box office collection?? Where it is, times etc..Thanks!
    Box office collection is onsite after 10am Friday, it closes each night around 10-11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Any volunteers driving down from limerick on Thursday send me a pm please..will chip in for petrol costs

Tent and Sleeping Bag sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Tent and Sleeping Bag sorted :)

Don't forget to pack the 4x4 and a boat;)

Anyone know the best way to get back from Indie in the Dublin direction??? My friend who is driving down is going to Kerry after so im gonna have to find my way back to Dublin/Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

Is it possible to get 1 day camping tickets?

• Advertisement

chewed wrote: »
    Is it possible to get 1 day camping tickets?
    No, not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

Anyone know the best way to get back from Indie in the Dublin direction??? My friend who is driving down is going to Kerry after so im gonna have to find my way back to Dublin/Kildare

I think the air coach and bus eireann pass through there on the way to Dublin. Not sure if it's different on Bank Holiday Mondays though.

http://www.aircoach.ie/print.table.routes.cork.php

On another topic, what kind of state was the car park in last year? Any problems getting an underpowered Fiesta out of there on Monday!? :pac:

Voy wrote: »
    I think the air coach and bus eireann pass through there on the way to Dublin. Not sure if it's different on Bank Holiday Mondays though.

http://www.aircoach.ie/print.table.routes.cork.php

The Aircoach used stop in Mitchelstown alright but it stopped doing so sometime in June I believe.

Bus Eireann's your best bet.. http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1340978656-8.pdf

If tickets aren't sold out by then, are there any plans to sell 2 day camping tickets on Saturday?

Asking for a friend who'd only be able to make it down on the Saturday..

Eod100 wrote: »
    The Aircoach used stop in Mitchelstown alright but it stopped doing so sometime in June I believe.

Bus Eireann's your best bet.. http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1340978656-8.pdf

Cheers for that , think my friend will drop me into Cork city centre to get the train since it will stop in Kildare instead of sending me to dublin and then having to go back to Kildare . Hopefully the train i want to get will be going on the bank holiday weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Am looking forward to this now :D

Never been before, I'm just hoping its relaxed and not full of, "the Oxegen type" who burn tents :(

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

The last time I was there was two years ago. I think that was my favorite part of it. Great crowd and atmosphere, didn't see any scumbags, and it was nice being able to come back to your tent without worrying if it was lit up or robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Pure Loonamus

Thought there would be more hype on here about this! Really looking forward to :)

Will the nearest pubs in Mitchelstown be jammed for sunday dinner? Could probably do with some good food at some stage of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Thought there would be more hype on here about this! Really looking forward to :)

Will the nearest pubs in Mitchelstown be jammed for sunday dinner? Could probably do with some good food at some stage of the weekend.
    Cork footballers are playing at 2pm on Sunday in the AI Quarter Finals, so i'd say every pub will be fairly packed with both locals, and people from the festival.

• Advertisement

If looking for grub/match/pub on sunday, the Hunters Rest at the top of the town has serious grub.

Advertisement