Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best way to send a 1GB file???

• 08-02-2012 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Is the dropbox(very slow) the only way of sharing a large file.I have to send a folder to a freind in Finland and its 1GB.Its taking ages to upload

Then I am going to give him my dropbox details to logon to download on his side.

Advice please? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Never give your username and password for any service that might contain personal information to anyone else. If you are using Dropbox, better to move the file to the Public folder and give him the URL for the file to download directly without logging into your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭brian2614

He is my brother!!! Is that way you said faster?If so how do I do it???

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's still easier to give him a public link rather than asking him to login into your account and browse to the file.

Is it faster????

• Advertisement

Its no slower and it doesn't give anyone else access to your account, family or not.

Thanks lads,I have it started it now,so I will just leave it run.
    I know the next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,593 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Why didn't you just email the file bit my bit ;)

btw, are you uploading 1GB on mobile data. Most likely not, but just on case you are. Be careful with mobile usage.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Www.wetransfer.com

Use it daily, free, fast reliable, and takes files up to 2gb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Why doesn't he have Dropbox and you simply share a folder?

• Advertisement
Advertisement