Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking With A View To Getting A Taxi/Luas Etc To The 02

Options
  • 09-02-2012 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Myself and a mate are heading up for a concert in a few weeks and are looking for some advice re: parking.

My mate is driving and doesn't really want to drive too far into the area of the 02 and would prefer to park up somewhere and let a taxi/luas etc take the hassle of the driving in that area.

Is there anywhere you could recommend for us to park up safely and get a taxi/luas etc that will take us to, or close to, the 02?

Thanks all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The easiest thing to do is to park around Sandymount and walk across the bridge to the O2. If they want to take a Luas and are happy to pay for parking I'd park at Heuston Station and get the Luas all the way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭steadyeddie08

You could park on Thorncastle Street or Cambridge Road in Ringsend. Five minutes walk over the the East Link Bridge to the venue.

Plus you can leave quite quickly following the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

connolly train station car park, 10-15 min walk or 5 min taxi

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Where are you coming from? Red Luas brings you straight there.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭johnam

Park at the Luas Park and Ride at the Red Cow (M7/M50 interchange), the Luas brings you all the way to the O2 and it runs until 00.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cheers for the replies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Second Thorncastle Street in Ringsend. I had a friend who lived up there, and when I went to visit, the road would be jammed with cars on nights there were concerts in the 02. You can then just walk across the bridge to the 02 then, takes about 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Personally, I'd park in the underground at the Grand canal plaza, €10 and a 10/15 minute walk to the o2.

johnam wrote: »
    Park at the Luas Park and Ride at the Red Cow (M7/M50 interchange), the Luas brings you all the way to the O2 and it runs until 00.30

Sorry to bump this thread, but concert is at the weekend, going to go for this option as mate really doesn't want to drive in and around Dublin.

I see there's travel disruption on the Luas red line, with stops at Museem, Smithfields and Four Courts affected (last stop working from Red Cow being Heuston, before working again at Jervis).

So what we have so far is:

Luas from Red Cow to Heuston.

Is there other public transport, bus etc that will take us to the 02 from there? I see the Luas website says Dublin Bus 145 and 90 are putting on extra buses and Luas tickets are valid for that during the period of disruption, but I'm not sure if these buses go that way.

Also, as for getting back to the Red Cow after the concert, what's the best option because of the Luas disruption and buses may not be going at that time.

Had it all sorted now but this disruption has really thrown a spanner in the works by the looks of it.

Thanks again all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

You could get the 747 from Heuston Station up to East Wall Road right beside the 02 at stop number 2507,and you could get it back to Heuston on the opposite side you got off it on the East Wall Road at stop 7399.

• Advertisement

You could get the 747 from Heuston Station up to East Wall Road right beside the 02 at stop number 2507,and you could get it back to Heuston on the opposite side you got off it on the East Wall Road at stop 7399.

Just looked that up and that looks brilliant, thanks a lot mate! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,369 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'd agree with the Mad Cow P&R (assuming it's vaguely on your route anyway) - if it's a big gig in the O2, and especially if it happens to coincide with one in the Grand Canal Theatre, traffic can be mental trying to get into the city centre. Far better off abandoning out of town and public transport it in. Bad luck with the disruptions though!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

The disruptions will be over by the wknd (a couple of old houses were destroyed by fire and were partially demolished today - thus freeing up the Luas line)

Regarding the Red Cow park and ride, you're looking at a 30-40 minute trip each way by Luas, and it can be a nightmare queuing up for it after a gig in the O2. Best bet to find a parking spot somewhere on the South Quays (the Ringsend option is the best imo) and avoiding all the traffic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

A Disgrace wrote: »
    The disruptions will be over by the wknd (a couple of old houses were destroyed by fire and were partially demolished today - thus freeing up the Luas line)

LUAS won't be running until Sunday at the earliest according to www.luas.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    LUAS won't be running until Sunday at the earliest according to www.luas.ie

Just noticed that, sorry.

Advertisement