Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate Belle can I go back to Anna?

Options
  • 09-02-2012 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

I really dislike the Belle upgrade I've just installed on my N8 can anyone advise on how to get back to good old Anna?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

Belle wipes out just about everything on the C:\ partition and overwrites. There is no roll-back option. Only way, as far as I can see, is to have the full original Anna firmware and flash your phone.
    I don't know how easy or difficult it would be for the average public to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Why do you hate it mrs aol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

Hate might be a bit strong but to me feels more like Anna was the successor to Belle rather than the other way around.

Maybe its just getting used to it, but I cant see anything really that it is giving me extra.

And missing the following (if anyone can advise on remedies, please do) :
    - the top clock/date/profile widget in Anna was a very efficient way of single click access to calender and profile change with minimal screen space. The same function in Belle seems to need 3 separate widgets and a lot more screen
    - dont like the digital flip clock Android style and no way for something plainer
    - mail widget for homescreen is huge and size cannot (?) be changed. In Anna it was neat and easy to leave on you homescreen
    - the upgrade didnt restore all my apps (something to do with the installed drive I gather). Maybe it warned me, so it is my own fault. But I didnt notice if it did. Bummed now
    - can you change the bottom corner screen keys? Left one to Menu, just duplicates the hardware key on my C7. Needless duplication. Right hand one is a waste to what after the initial setup is a rarely used function.
    - shortcuts display their name on top of the icon. Looks sloppy

Always like to have the up to date version. But cant see wht this "upgrade" has added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Almaviva wrote: »
    - dont like the digital flip clock Android style and no way for something plainer

Have you tried this widget?
    http://store.ovi.com/content/98539
    - the upgrade didnt restore all my apps (something to do with the installed drive I gather). Maybe it warned me, so it is my own fault. But I didnt notice if it did. Bummed now

That annoyed me too, my own C7 couldn't see most of the apps on Mass Storage (E: as well as C: ). I wound up saving my contacts and texts on Nokia Suite then soft resetting, restoring those numbers and texts then redownloading everything else from Nokia Store.
    - can you change the bottom corner screen keys? Left one to Menu, just duplicates the hardware key on my C7. Needless duplication. Right hand one is a waste to what after the initial setup is a rarely used function.

The toolbar might be handier for N8 users, the home key is to the left afaik. Perhaps Nokia planned that future (not now of course) Belle phones wouldn't have a physical home button, kind of what like Google are doing with ICS. I don't think you can change their functions, they're defined by the application. I don't agree with you about the Options icon, you'll need that to get to custom folders in the Messaging application, for example.
    Always like to have the up to date version. But cant see wht this "upgrade" has added.

I'm looking forward to better RAM management and built-in QT means that app installs shouldn't take as long.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭mrs aol

- the top clock/date/profile widget in Anna was a very efficient way of single click access to calender and profile change with minimal screen space. The same function in Belle seems to need 3 separate widgets and a lot more screen
    - mail widget for homescreen is huge and size cannot (?) be changed. In Anna it was neat and easy to leave on you homescreen

exactly this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭g0g

Just got this theme - makes things look a little nicer, although possibly slightly slows it.
    wall1-192x192.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

And missing the following (if anyone can advise on remedies, please do) :
    mrs aol wrote: »
    exactly this

With the clock widget I suggested, I got this on my first homescreen, 1 of 3:

192169.jpg

With more homescreens, the extra space used isn't much of an issue imo. Anna screenshot for comparison:

Homescreen-Portrait.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

Have you tried this widget?
    http://store.ovi.com/content/98539

Thanks. Neater. And less real estate.

Advertisement