Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Problem

Options
  • 09-02-2012 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi People,

I am writing this to get some information. I am currently working on a p/t contract with a petrol station company in Dublin. All the employees are on p/t contract may I add and can work up to forty hours per week. There are nine employees and our manager is from a European country but her sister works with us unknown to the area manager and other managers in the company which I only found out today. (also they never speak English together and speak there national language while working). For the last five months the managers sister is getting the most hours an average of thirty seven hours per week (which I have proof as I have all the rosters since I started) and all the rest of the employees are getting twenty two hours max. Not only that but the managers sister always get the longest shifts on Sundays and bank holidays. (I personally havent worked a Sunday for about 4 months). Any time I have worked the morning shift with her I start at 7am and most days she is late (I have a record of all the times she has been late when working with me). She comes in gets two magazines a sandwich and a red bull or bottle Pepsi and goes into the office and reads the mags and chills there for awhile. Anytime I have approached her about it she fogs it off or if she has to work she would be pissed of you said anything. I would not get my lunch until half one or two and I finish at three. She sits in the office and does nothing the odd time she does get out of her chair is to complain about something. Today the assistant manager was asked to step down as he can't work the required 37.5 hours as is the norm for a manager. Lone behold the managers sister was instantly promoted. I have contacted all employees and they nearly all have issues at the manager. We have decided to make a formal complaint. Out of all the eight employees minus the managers sister (obviously) six out of the eight have all agreed that something has to be done about the situation. It is completely unfair what is going on and we need to stand together and see what can be done. I am looking for advice to see if anyone has been in a similar situation and what they did. Our just if you would like to add something to what we could do.

Regards,

Shane mad.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Hey there,

I've moved your thread to the site's dedicated work problem forum.

All the best :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

OP has also started the same thread here. @Shane, please don't post the same thread to multiple forums, ta.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement