Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC payment rejected or not

Options
  • 09-02-2012 4:25am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭

Can you guys list here who has made successful payment and how did you make it?

I personally got my mother in ireland to go to their branch and put in the LDN number with out the lines in between so it was...

LDNIE12WHPXXXXXX and it was failed

Can you all post here what you did, which bank your with and whether or not you did it online, or in-branch etc..?

i.e Paid via online bank transfer and used LDN-IE... Processed

or for me; paid directly into account used LDNIE... Rejected

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Good idea Canon to start a separate thread on this. It's important.

If people could also include which bank they're with and whether or not they did it online, or in-branch.

There may be some pattern.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

Also to confirm that they have all given us the correct information, are these the correct bank details?

Allied Irish Bank PLC
    Grafton Street
    Dublin Ireland

A/C: 41489092
    SORT: 93-12-33
    IBAN: IE71AIBK93123341489092
    SWIFT: AIBKIE2D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭orgaz

Hi All

I sent my payment from TD Bank. I went in directly to complete the transfer and my payment was accepted Im on the second phase now, sent to the High Commision. Here are the exact details TD used that are printed on my receipt.

Sending Customer: My Name, address and Bank A/C number MY WTN NUMBER!

Receiving Customer: The Canadian Embassy
    Street Address: 1 Grosvenor Square
    City: London
    Account#/IBAN: 41489092

Settlement Bank: Allied Irish Bank PLC
    Street Address: Grafton Street
    City: Dublin
    Bank Code: AIBKIE2D

(Not sure if it made a difference, IEC dont ask for this so highly doubtful it did but I also scanned the Bank Receipt with my WTN number and my Name and DOB and emailed it along with my IMM1295).

Orgaz- how much did you send them? 105 euro or more to cover any fees?

C@non wrote: »
    Orgaz- how much did you send them? 105 euro or more to cover any fees?

Hi Canon

I sent 105euro for the IEC fee but with the exchange rate etc it cost me a total of $172cdn.

I didnt send anymore to cover fees, it had crossed my mind but I was worried it would be rejected because it wasnt the correct amount.

• Advertisement

TD was my first option but never did it as i figured i would get stuck with fees on the other side as i asked them to make sure they didn't get charged on the other side and they had no idea how to to that.. so i left it and got my mother to put the payment directly into their account in Dublin... big mistake now.. but thanks for the info Orgaz hopefully it helps others.

C@non wrote: »
    TD was my first option but never did it as i figured i would get stuck with fees on the other side as i asked them to make sure they didn't get charged on the other side and they had no idea how to to that.. so i left it and got my mother to put the payment directly into their account in Dublin... big mistake now.. but thanks for the info Orgaz hopefully it helps others.

Well this was my second visa through IEC. So last year I also paid through TD and had no problems either. Not sure what part of Canada you are in but Im in Toronto and the the TD at Yonge and Eglinton is very good and also the TD and Yonge and Carlton. (both places completed wire transfer correctly for me).

Hopefully it works out for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

orgaz wrote: »
    Hi All

I sent my payment from TD Bank. I went in directly to complete the transfer and my payment was accepted Im on the second phase now, sent to the High Commision. Here are the exact details TD used that are printed on my receipt.

(Not sure if it made a difference, IEC dont ask for this so highly doubtful it did but I also scanned the Bank Receipt with my WTN number and my Name and DOB and emailed it along with my IMM1295).

I don't get the part about the Settlement Bank? Were you wiring your funds from your Irish bank account to the IEC through TD?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Paid via online bank transfer AIB, and used LDN-IE... Processed with no problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Sync wrote: »
    Paid via online bank transfer AIB, and used LDN-IE... Processed with no problems

Do you need that card-reader thing to do that transaction online, yeah?

• Advertisement

lindzation wrote: »
    I don't get the part about the Settlement Bank? Were you wiring your funds from your Irish bank account to the IEC through TD?

No. The Settlement bank is the IEC, and the details are the Bank Details IEC provided in the email to me. I sent it from my Canadian Account directly to the IEC Account.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

No. The Settlement bank is the IEC, and the details are the Bank Details IEC provided in the email to me. I sent it from my Canadian Account directly to the IEC Account.

Oh Okay.. interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

kraggy wrote: »
    Do you need that card-reader thing to do that transaction online, yeah?

Yeah, or a code card...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Hi All

I used TD bank as well but got rejected. I used the same settlement bank but for the receiving customer I used the Canadian Embassy in Ireland with the street address - 3rd Floor 7/8 Wilton Terrace. When I went to my local TD branch, I was told the WTN was too long for the reference field, so where did you get your bank to put it?

So i get an unexpected email today with a PDF file in it and it says congratulations my application has been passed to the second stage and if successful you will receive your LOI...

Shock!! compleat shock! as i was looking at my post box expecting my forms to be returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 blanchlad

i had payment issues. they couldnt find it,after 12 days and no word from them,and me sending a lot of emails to them angrily they eventually found it.
    So thats delayed the processing of my visa a bit. How long does it take from the payment being accepted to get a proper confirmation and approval to head off??

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

@blanchlad, in same situation. Were you rejected before they traced your payment or did you get it sorted before they rejected you? If not, how did you get them to reply to your emails?! I find they just ignore them...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 blanchlad

@thrifty
    No it hadn't been rejected but it had gone past my date of payment. was ridiculous. I was getting worried i never got an email saying they received my payments so i sent them the same message everyday, only editing the open line,saying this is my 2nd email without reply,this is my third email without reply and so on.
    It took 12 days of emailing them to get back in touch,and then they told me to get documents from the bank about the payment. It eventually got sorted but I've lost 2 weeks of processing time because of it.
    Just keep at them and at them,that's what i did and it worked. hopefully it works out for you anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JordiH

Hi,
    I just received my request for payment after a 5 week wait. I went online to do the transfer but where I enter the name of person or company I am transferring money to 'The Canadian Embassy' does not fit, I can only get 'The Canadian Embas'. If I remove the spaces it'll fit. Has anyone had this issue?

It is the same with the WTN, i've read elsewhere various approaches such as leaving out the LDN and the dashes etc. Can anyone confirm their successful approach.

My online banking is through PTSB.

Thanks,
    J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

JordiH wrote: »
    Hi,
    I just received my request for payment after a 5 week wait. I went online to do the transfer but where I enter the name of person or company I am transferring money to 'The Canadian Embassy' does not fit, I can only get 'The Canadian Embas'. If I remove the spaces it'll fit. Has anyone had this issue?

It is the same with the WTN, i've read elsewhere various approaches such as leaving out the LDN and the dashes etc. Can anyone confirm their successful approach.

My online banking is through PTSB.

Thanks,
    J

Maybe remove the 'The'? Not sure on the WTN...why not use one of the other banks if they dont have that issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 steff198

Hi Guys!

Just wondering if ye may be able to provide a little bit of advice? If i transfer money electronically through AIB internet banking, do i find the exchange rate for Canadian dollars on the day so that ill know how much euros to transfer or will it allow me to transfer in foreign currency i.e. 150 Canadian dollars? I'm still waiting to hear back from the embassy about forwarding a payment but it's been so sticky this far, i just want to make sure i don't mess up at the payment part and have to start again? Any help would be brill, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Anyone transferred online through BoI?

If so, did you set it up as a domestic payment, or an international one?

If it's just going to AIB Grafton St, then surely it's a domestic one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 drop303

Could people with payment success please detail the method they used to send the payment; i.e. through online transfer, how they detailed their WTN in the reference where the bank could not enter it including the dashes etc. It seems reading similar stories the payment phase of the application is causing a lot of stress with applications being rejected for unseen reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

i done my payment through ulster bank online. I used a standard fund transfer as the iec account is an irish account. I couldnt fit in the canadian embassy so i just used canadian embassy. My ref number wouldnt fit in with the dashes so i also removed them. Payment was accepted and went through fine.

Your best bet is to do it this way then wait 3 working days and ring your bank and ask what the reference number for the transaction is. If it matches your iec ref number it will be fine. If the bank has screwed up and changed it in someway email iec email the new ref number.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 emfd

Looking for a little advice regarding this matter... I got a payment request email on Mon Apr 2nd and I paid the same day using AIB Internet Banking. I have heard nothing since. I'm starting to get worried as they stated I had to have it paid by Sat Apr 14th.. this date has been & gone. I spoke to the bank who confirmed that the correct reference was put on the Embassy account. Is there any point in emailing them? From what I am reading they dont reply! I'm very stressed! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Donkey16

Did anyone on this pay by Ulster Bank? Im not the sure the WTN number appears on the AIB statement when u use Ulster Bank? maybe im paronoid!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 henrieta

To be honest, if you specifically ask your bank for a electronic funds transfer, the reference that will credit the embassys account will be a system generated reference such as j8dksls0200 or something with numbers/letters then you have the option where you enter your WTN in a reference/message line seperatley..

Has anyone else found this?

How long after sending payment do they respond saying the payments accepted? I dont wanna wait past the 12 days then them tell me they cant find it!

Also, does anyone know when are places assigned:
    1. when barcode scanned
    2. when conditional acceptance sent
    3. when payment received?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

I paid mine on thursday, from AIB to AIB, online and without the hyphens.

I still have yet to hear back from them but I was reading a blog who did the exact same thing and he was accepeted.

Here is his full timeline

Friday 23rd Dec – We applied direct through the IEC website.

Friday 13th Jan – Confirmation mail for receipt of application from IEC London.

Monday 16th Jan -We have been provisionally accepted – payment requested – email a copy IMM 1295 form to the Canadian Visa section. ( I assume he makes payment that day)

Friday 20thJan - Email Our payment was verified

Thursday 26th Jan – We are through to the next roundMedical Examination Email ( We didn’t require so we ignored it)

Thursday 09th Feb –Letter of Introduction received.

Very Fast! Less than 4 weeks from receipt of application to LoI. I assume thats becasue he applied first thing.

henrieta The places are assigned provionally when the barcode gets scanned It then takes on average 8 weeks from that date to get your place fully accepted. This does not include any time waiting for you.

More info here:
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/processing_service-delai_traitement.aspx?view=d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 henrieta

It would be easier if in the 2nd stage e-mail they would just say.. yeah payment received... passed to 2nd stage. Why make it harder and send it seperatley! :l

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

Anyone here made a successful payment from a canadian account? Did you send extra funds to cover costs that AIB may charge to receive?

Advertisement