Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

return but no receit

Options
  • 09-02-2012 4:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

i have a colour and black ink cardrige that i got in tesco the other day, but the supposably better half already got them but never told me:rolleyes:, so anyway tipical me lost the receit, lol at the spelling:D sorry, any chance of returning them or even getting a credit note, they arent open. going tomorow after work to see...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Just keep them. You'll need them soon enough

If you still want to return them you have no rights without a receipt but if you go in and plead your case they might take them back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

If you still want to return them you have no rights without a receipt but if you go in and plead your case they might take them back

You actually have no rights whatsoever with or without a receipt. Some shops offer a returns policy but its not a legal requirement. Unless the goods are damaged or not as advertised, then they have no legal obligation to refund or exchange unless they have said otherwise in their customer charter. That said, there is no harm in trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If they are Tesco brand cartridges, they may swap them for something else in the hardware dept. Tesco dont do credit notes. If they are branded ones that you can buy anywhere, they wont take them back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Galia

Ink runs out why not just keep it ?
    Given its a own brand i say you will get a refund but its only a matter of time when you will need more ink anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

RoboRat wrote: »
    You actually have no rights whatsoever with or without a receipt. Some shops offer a returns policy but its not a legal requirement. Unless the goods are damaged or not as advertised, then they have no legal obligation to refund or exchange unless they have said otherwise in their customer charter. That said, there is no harm in trying.

This is true.

• Advertisement
Advertisement