Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gary Numan Live in Dublin, 26May2012

Options
  • 09-02-2012 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭

Gary Numan just announced a UK tour in May-June, and he will be playing at the Button Factory on the 26th of May.

I have seen him couple of years ago in London. He was totally amazing!!! One concert I will definitely not miss!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Fock yeah!! Saturday night too! Only recently purchased Replicas, The Pleasure Principle and Telekon. Amazing albums and such a humble guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭avfc1874

saw him about 20 yrs ago. wouldn't have been a masive fan before that but was a great gig.defo worth a night out. whats the venue like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I've seen Numan 3 times (2001, 2008 & 2009), and each show was fantastic.
    Slightly disappointed he's playing such a small venue as his shows are extravagant affairs.

avfc1874 wrote: »
    saw him about 20 yrs ago. wouldn't have been a masive fan before that but was a great gig.defo worth a night out. whats the venue like?

Great venue and good sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Got my tickets last night. Going to drag my pregnant wife to it, she'll thank me after... :D

I have never forgiven myself for missing him do the Pleasure Principle in Cork in 2009. Only found out about it the day before. :mad:

I presume it'll be a lot of stuff off Splinter which ain't bad from what I've heard, but the audience will no doubt be hankering for AFE and Cars. If I come away having heard 'I die: you die' or 'we are glass', I will be a very happy boy. Again, not so sure about the wife....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

telekon wrote: »
    I presume it'll be a lot of stuff off Splinter which ain't bad from what I've heard, but the audience will no doubt be hankering for AFE and Cars. If I come away having heard 'I die: you die' or 'we are glass', I will be a very happy boy. Again, not so sure about the wife....

For the small number of shows he's doing it'll be a one-off set, based around his singles over the last 33 years, and material from the recent Dead Son Rising album.

Besides Splinter hasn't been released yet.

poundhound wrote: »
    Besides Splinter hasn't been released yet.

True, but it will be released by the time of the gig, April no?

Edit: meant to say Dead Son Rising material in earlier post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Dead Son Rising is a pretty decent album. I don't mind hearing some of the songs.
    The last time I saw him, most of the setlist was around the first years. So I die You Die is a good possibilty.

Never realised its a 'best of' tour, which I reckon will be based on the tracklisting below of the dvd he is releasing in June.

Proof of this are the older songs mentioned on his website which will definitely be played as it is part of a visual backdrop competition for fans: This Wreckage, Bombers, Berserker and Call out the Dogs. He has mentioned in interviews that the setlist will be based on his singles.

Its probably the very last chance to catch him performing most of these songs live.

DVD Listing:

1. Cars
    2. Complex
    3. We Are Glass
    4. I Die You Die
    5. This Wreckage
    6. She's Got Claws
    7. Love Needs No Disguise (with Dramatis)
    8. Music For Chameleons
    9. We Take Mystery (To Bed)
    10. Warriors
    11. Berserker
    12. Your Fascination
    13. Call Out The Dogs
    14. Dominion Day
    15. Cars (with Fear Factory)
    16. Rip
    17. Crazier (with Rico)
    18. In A Dark Place
    19. Healing (with Ade Fenton)
    20. The Fall
    21. My Machines (with Battles)

This is going to be EPIC!! :)

• Advertisement

Tour starting tonight in the UK. Really looking forward to seeing what's in the setlist tomorrow, hopefully some surprises from the back catalogue.

Its lucky that its a Saturday he's playing in Dublin. Still surprised it hasn't sold out considering, and the fact the venue is relatively small...

No wonder he didn't play here for years, obviously doesn't have the fan base here. :confused:

He even took to the Craig Doyle show to promote it a few weeks back. The things some people have to endure...:(

He no longer appeals to the masses. His brand of "Darkwave industrial rock" is an acquired taste.

However, I like seeing him up close and personal in an intimate venue.

Although the venue may be modest, his shows are of the quality you'd expect from a man in the business 35 years.

"She's got claws" was one of the first singles I ever bought.
    Should he play it, I fear my underpants would fail to contain my excitement!

I've never seen him before so I don't know what to expect. Can't wait for Saturday especially if the weather is bítchin. Does he use an actual drummer, or drum machine? Hope the band are good, any word on support?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Just ordered my ticket there from tickets.ie, looking forward to finally seeing the man live. Are Friends Electric was the first record I ever bought.....

Yes he uses a drummer. His band are fantastic.

Desperatly trying to find last nights setlist, to brush up on material I may not be familiar with.

If you locate a setlist can you post it please.

Setlist from Leicester on Tuesday:

Berserker,metal,the fall,bombers,crazier,call out the dogs,dominion day,this wreckage,absolution,that's too bad,in a dark place,down in the park,rip,love needs no disguise,warriors, i die you die, we are glass
    Encore...healing,cars, are friends electric?

Can't wait for the cheesier mid-80s tracks I thought he'd never play again in a million years. :D

i.e. Berserker, call out the dogs and warriors.

Its my first Numan gig so really, really looking forward to I die you die, we are glass and metal, my absolute favourite songs in the world.

Pity nothing from the albums Dance and I assassin made the setlist. Maybe Pino Padellino's funky fretless bass playing is beyond Gary's current bassist...

Savage set, bring on the good weather, booze and tunes.

Set looks great, can't wait!

Great stuff.

Finally I'll get to hear "Absolution" live.

The version on Hybrid is incredible.

• Advertisement

very good setlist!!!
    I'd say we are in for a very good concert!!!
    Enjoy everybody, I will see you all there!!!

Immense gig, great crowd and he seemed to really enjoy himself. Down In The Park and Are Friends Electric were highlights for me, waited a long time to hear them live. Hope I don't fall asleep in the bus home now!

Was absolutely fantastic! Crowd were great, much better than i had expected to be honest. I die, you die was my highlight. Call out the dogs and rip was immense too. Never been to button factory before but it felt a bit over crowded, not that that took away from the gig at all.

Bloody hell - that was some gig by Gary & the guys tonight.

Blew the roof off The Button Factory!

Wish it had no roof with the heat in there tonight :D

Hats off to Gary & the band - stunning performance to a packed house & very responsive & enthusiastic crowd.

Hope you might enjoy this..

For telekon..;)

Hope you enjoy one of your favourites of the night

and another one.... :)

For blastman...

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Gotham Knight

Thanks for posting these bonoman66. Excellent videos of brilliant songs. Great to see Gary looking great and clearly enjoying himself.

Cheers.

bonoman66, thanks a million for the videos!!!
    Once again, he was truly amazing!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

I totally owe you a pint for posting those vids! I would deffo have gone had I know he was playing. Looks like a great gig.

Advertisement