Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gary Numan Live in Dublin, 26May2012

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Fantastic videos Bonoman!! :):)

Thanks a million, been enjoying them over and over again all morning. I was fairly far back so it was great to be able to see Gary visibly enjoying himself throughout. I think his tweet after the gig said as much...
    Dublin? How absolutely amazing was that???? Thank you so much!!! GN

And the Button Factory is a brilliant venue, I know there was supposed to be sound problems in the English gigs this week (especially Sheffield) but the sound was spot on perfect last night.

Edit: Oh, yea...one minus point regarding the Button Factory....that F*CKIN FIRE ALARM!! :mad::mad:

Completely forgot about that. Thank god, it was shut off fairly quickly each time...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Awesome gig, great crowd as a few have said.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

telekon wrote: »
    Edit: Oh, yea...one minus point regarding the Button Factory....that F*CKIN FIRE ALARM!! :mad::mad:

Completely forgot about that. Thank god, it was shut off fairly quickly each time...

I was thinking about that - it must have been calibrated to trigger at the temperature of Spontaneous Human Combustion - it was almost hot enough in there last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Thanks for the vids, bonoman66, that riff really gives me a shiver when it kicks in the first time.

Forgot about the fire alarm, luckily I was on the opposite side of the room, so the dangerous temperatures reached in my undergarments were not to blame. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

My first time seeing Gary, Absolutely blown away! Incredible gig!

Absolution, RIP and Are Friends Electric were highlights for me!
    (among others, not a bad song all night IMO)

Funny enough when Cars hit in, I felt I could take it or leave it in comparison to the quality of material that was played earlier, still tho it pleases a certain contingent.

The fire alarm was very annoying at some stages, but TBH I thought at some stage the band had a stomp box to play it! hahaahhaha :D, it did fit very well into the outro of Metal oddly enough.

The crowd were also incredible! great to see Gary and the crowd really enjoying themselves!

20h Numan_face_edit2_normal.jpgGary Numan Official ‏@numanofficial
    Best show of the tour so far last night in Dublin. Thanks to everyone who made it so exciting. AF

Oh and thanks very much for the videos Bonoman66!!! great quality!!!

• Advertisement

My first time seeing Gary, Absolutely blown away! Incredible gig!

Oh and thanks very much for the videos Bonoman66!!! great quality!!!

My first GN gig too - it really was an epic night :D

Glad you enjoyed the vids - you're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Seems two of Gary's old band members Chris Payne and Rrussell Bell played last night at Bournemouth for the Ced Sharpley tribute, 'Love Needs No Disguise'.

Would have loved to have seen that...:(

AuBCMkNCQAEhvvB.jpg:large

Hi,

Just in case any Numan fans are interested, I've just completed a multicamera mix of this gig & posted the last part on YT today.

Its taken 6 months to gather the footage, edit, mix & sync with a seperately provided audio track recorded that night.

Hope anyone who was there might enjoy this... ;)

All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Cool man look forward to viewing this!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Gotham Knight

Brilliant, just brilliant!

The quality of the music, sound and video are all excellent. And the editing is perfect.

I love this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Well done, my man!

Fantastic editing.

Advertisement