Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running watch

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I could give you a list of things I don't like about the 305, and no doubt you'll have an answer for all of them
    This might help as it's tough to make a reccomendation without having any idea what it is you like/dislike. By the sounds of things though, perhaps the Motorola MOTOACTV might suit you best. It's got an mp3 player, maps, bluetooth, touch screen, and would probably be closest to your Apple experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Thanks!

Like I said, I've no doubt it's a quality product, I bought it because of online reviews. Maybe it's just my one also, as it takes much longer to find satellites than 3-4 minutes, and that's with me standing outside trying to get as far away from the nearest bush or hedge that might be blocking them...

That aside, the UI didn't blow me away either. Maybe it's the way I'm using it, but I was hoping I could tap a button to go running and off I go. I'll give it another try before shelling out for the Motorola but that looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Thanks!

Like I said, I've no doubt it's a quality product, I bought it because of online reviews. Maybe it's just my one also, as it takes much longer to find satellites than 3-4 minutes, and that's with me standing outside trying to get as far away from the nearest bush or hedge that might be blocking them...

That aside, the UI didn't blow me away either. Maybe it's the way I'm using it, but I was hoping I could tap a button to go running and off I go. I'll give it another try before shelling out for the Motorola but that looks good.
    You probably don't want to spend any more money, but the Forerunner 110 and 210 are closer to your 'click start and go' type watches. The 305 is designed to meet the needs of the beginner to the very advanced runner, so tends to have an over-abundance of features. The 110/210 watches will also acquire satellites substantially quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Been looking at the watches and thinking of going with the 410, good bit cheaper, not as big as the 310 and gps seems just as accurate.

Any opinions before I make a decision?

Well the time has come to say goodbye to the Forerunner. Just can't take to it so going to put it up for sale.

It's in perfect condition, comes with cradle, heart rate monitor and everything that was included on day one.

Not too bothered if I sell it here or not, after a few days will throw it up on eBay.

€100 including postage, within Ireland of course. Can't go lower than that.

• Advertisement

I bouught the Motoactv the other day from RunOutlet.com where it's on sale at the moment. They don't deliver to Ireland but if you set up an account at myus.com you can deliver it there and they'll forward it to you. It cost me $149 for the unit and $40 in total for shipping so $189-$199 in total which is around €160 so pretty happy with that.

It's a lovely little unit to be honest. Am struggling with the software install mind, but only when trying to set up automatic wifi. So far I love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Anyone tried Soleus?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

I bouught the Motoactv the other day from RunOutlet.com where it's on sale at the moment. They don't deliver to Ireland but if you set up an account at myus.com you can deliver it there and they'll forward it to you. It cost me $149 for the unit and $40 in total for shipping so $189-$199 in total which is around €160 so pretty happy with that.

It's a lovely little unit to be honest. Am struggling with the software install mind, but only when trying to set up automatic wifi. So far I love it.

You need to run software update like 4 or 5 times before its fully up-to-date. You might have got grommets to cover the earphone hole. You must use those or else rain will get in here and u won't be happy. You can get a bluetooth earphones like jabra sport for it and be wire free for your tunes also. I have used my garmin HRM with it no problem and its 1/2 the price of the bluetooth one. You should be able to get codes online for free shipping with amazon.com and then it ends up being free to ireland too. that is what my buddy did. I know too late now but 136 dollars aint shabby and is a much better watch than Soleus if you can get it for that price.

Advertisement