Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help, house inspection today...

Options
  • 09-02-2012 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Property mgmt company coming to do a house inspection today, what do they look for ? we have never had one done before.. now we have 2 young kids, hope they dont expect the place to be shining clean!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Are you moving out or are they just doing a mid lease inspection? If you're moving out they will probably expect it to be sparkling but if not then I imagine they will just be making sure the place is being kept in good repair, all the furniture is still there and that you haven't put holes in the walls or anything.

I had a lease renewal inspection once years ago, the guy looked in the freezer to make sure we were defrosting and cleaning it regularly. I didn't mind too much as it was part of our original lease that we defrost and clean it every six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Let them come in, take their photos and leave.
    There won't be any problem unless there is something obviosuly wrong with your upkeep of the property.
    If they rented a house to a couple with two kids, then they will expect the house to look like that.

Remember - They are in your home.
    If they get arsey or there is an issue, don't react.
    They could be some power tripping part-timer. Deal with the issue by phone/email with a manager tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Its just a mid lease inspection. We rented it unfurnished so all furniture, fridge etc all our own. working myself up a bit too much about it I think:)
    Lollymcd wrote: »
    Are you moving out or are they just doing a mid lease inspection? If you're moving out they will probably expect it to be sparkling but if not then I imagine they will just be making sure the place is being kept in good repair, all the furniture is still there and that you haven't put holes in the walls or anything.

I had a lease renewal inspection once years ago, the guy looked in the freezer to make sure we were defrosting and cleaning it regularly. I didn't mind too much as it was part of our original lease that we defrost and clean it every six months.

Advertisement