Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuneyards 11th Feb Button Factory

Options
  • 09-02-2012 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Heading to this Sunday. Does anyone know what the story is with support acts or the like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Thread Pulls are playing support

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

Deadly, I've heard good reports about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

I only discovered tUnE-yArDs very recently but really the w h o k i l l album. I'd have loved to have gone to this gig but am in China at the moment. :( (Also the reason I'm missing Florence in March)

So anyone who goes post here and let me know how it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

It was really excellent. The difference in the quality of the sound from the shows she did in Whelans is incredible (though I think the Button Factory can be thanked for that and she did actually thank the venue at one point). A couple of new songs that sounded excellent and pretty much all the stuff you'd expect to be played (I'm terrible with titles so I can't do a setlist). People actually danced.. on a Sunday!

If I had to give out it would be about the venue feeling way too full. Capacity should really be how many people can actually see the gig and not include parts where there is no view. Everywhere was rammed and plenty of people at the back who had no hope of seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I would agree that the venue was way too crowded. I thought it was just me getting grumpy in my old age. Last night's gig was good but I think I enjoyed the last Whelan's gig better, probably because I was up front and could see all the drum loop trickery up close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

I only discovered tUnE-yArDs very recently but really the w h o k i l l album. I'd have loved to have gone to this gig but am in China at the moment. :( (Also the reason I'm missing Florence in March)

So anyone who goes post here and let me know how it was.

If it's any consolation I'd love to be in china right now. It was a fantastic gig but like the previous 2 guys were saying, it was really rammed and being a short arse I could see feck all for the first few songs. It was the most packed I've seen the button factory. having said that, it sounded amazing. The new songs sounded great. She played all my favourites from whokill like doorstep and you yes you. Hopefuly she makes it back later in the year for forbidden fruit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I had a great spot until what seemed like a basketball team arrived in right in my sight line to merrill, sound was great but thought vibe was better at whelans. Also thought the intensity dipped a little at times whereas at whelans it never let up.

Really enjoyed Thread Pulls too, guy behind me referred to their music as "unsettling" to his mate which I couldn't disagree with but I took it as a positive.

Advertisement