Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Mod Post #61)The news we've all been waiting for....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Izoard wrote: »
    So the WTC were happy to let Michi Weiss race while there was an investigation pending?

Seems odd, they would then get on the moral high-horse with their golden goose.

Oh fanboy, will you ever look at the details......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

tunney wrote: »
    Oh fanboy, will you ever look at the details......

Enlighten me, tunney-san...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Still very intrigued by the fact that they have physical evidence from blood samples taken in 2009 & 2010 that he was doping then. Am skeptical on this as why would this have not been brought to light sooner?? Honestly if true i hope thay nail him to the cross. All his performance gains would be as a result of synthetic means which would mean his body is not his own (which we all suspected) but finally they can prove it....i just hope its conclusive evidence and not hot air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Standard in Roth WAY higher than Nice. Is he ready to race against the actual Tier 1 pros?

No i don't think so but what else will he do he has no other options.

Just think though we can both get our photo taken with him over there if he does race, that would be great yeah:) You can put it up on the wall with your Lance posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

peter kern wrote: »

That gave me a good laugh on this miserable day

• Advertisement

Just think though we can both get our photo taken with him over there if he does race, that would be great yeah:) You can put it up on the wall with your Lance posters.

I have a photo of myself with him anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Does a photo of his back with your hand in shot count?

mloc123 wrote: »
    Does a photo of his back with your hand in shot count?

Shouldn't you be watching some soccer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Standard in Roth WAY higher than Nice. Is he ready to race against the actual Tier 1 pros?

Real question is what u doing in tunneys bedroom jb..coach v athlete relationship gone too far...:)

WTC met today and Lancey boy is confirmed out. Glad they showed a pair of balls, they have gone up in my estimation. They would have lost all credibility if they had made a concession.

• Advertisement

WTC met today and Lancey boy is confirmed out. Glad they showed a pair of balls, they have gone up in my estimation. They would have lost all credibility if they had made a concession.

Jodie swallow tweeting an awful lot of sense on the matter.

Jodie swallow tweeting an awful lot of sense on the matter.

Non tweeter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Somebody posted this up on the cycling forum but for those who haven't seen it..

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstrong-reportedly-made-dollar-465000-payment-to-ferrari-in-2006

Have a read of the comments underneath Pharmstrong's facebook status. A bunch of clueless morons!

And here it is, two lads just shooting the breeze.
    Tummeyphoto.jpg

And here it is, two lads just shooting the breeze.
    [IMG]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii89/Makai Nice Junkie/Tummeyphoto.jpg[/IMG]

Is this what you spent all day on????

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

can someone tell me how hes tested so much but never fails?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I was listening to someone talking about this today (IMTalk). Basically it's possible that he knew the levels they tested for so was able to stay below that so that he didn't trigger any alarms so to speak.

Or he was taking something they weren't testing for.

Or he was clean all along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I was listening to someone talking about this today (IMTalk). Basically it's possible that he knew the levels they tested for so was able to stay below that so that he didn't trigger any alarms so to speak.

Or he was taking something they weren't testing for.

Or he was clean all along.

Never:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

IM career on hold for a bit longer...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/18655970

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Where to now for Lance?

Such a shame to see a true warrior poet ground down by vindictive bureaucracy!:mad:

Will he be back? I for one hope so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Lifetime ban. Somehow I doubt it.

His reasons seem plausible for giving up the fight, sometimes you can win a fight by giving up and walking away I think this is what he has done. Otherwise this 'he said', 'he did' stuff could go on and on and on ...

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭wideball

Lifetime ban. Somehow I doubt it.

His reasons seem plausible for giving up the fight, sometimes you can win a fight by giving up and walking away I think this is what he has done. Otherwise this 'he said', 'he did' stuff could go on and on and on ...
    US drug chief gives his reasons why
    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12712/Travis-Tygart-Interview-Armstrongs-results-from-August-1st-1998-will-be-stripped.aspx

personally delighted for cycling. he cheated on an industrial scale..

I cried into my cornflakes this morning:rolleyes:, a lifetime of work in the sport down the drain due to cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

no the real difficult part ....
    who did not cheat and wins the titles....
    it will be a long roll down ......

I was thinking the same myself. What would the current roll downs look like now?

Does this mean I will have to remove the "7 times tour winner" stickers from my Trek?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I was thinking the same myself. What would the current roll downs look like now?

Anyone of us could be in with a shout for a title!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

As far as I know I'm the only cyclist who was clean during those years (missed a few out-of-comp tests in 2001 though), so I'm expecting a package with my yellow jersey and fluffy lions to arrive in the post any day now.

Some of the tour titles will have to roll down to 8th place or lower IIRC.
    Will he have to post the Olympic medal back or does he get to hold on to it anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

I was always told it was a good idea to set goals - short, medium, long...achievable, tough, long shot & way out there. Well, it seems I have achieved my way out there goal - to win the Tour de France as many times as Lance.

Advertisement