Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian Food in Dublin?

Options
  • 09-02-2012 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone :)

Friend coming today and we both love our Indian food. Looking for a recommend for Dublin, preferably North or Centre but for good grub will travel!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 langerballs

For very casual cheap good food:
    Northside: Delhi O’Deli on Moore street, http://www.delhiodeli.com/
    Southside: Ambala on 11 Upper Camden Street http://www.ambalafoods.com/info/Stores.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

I would recommend Ananda in Dundrum Town Centre.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Jaipur is a good upmarket one in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Has to be Kinara in Clontarf or Kajjal in Malahide. Both run by same people with same menus. Proper Indian, do a good early bird too. Have a search for Kinara on boards. It's been mentioned a good few times. www.kinara.ie

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Has to be Kinara in Clontarf or Kajjal in Malahide. Both run by same people with same menus. Proper Indian, do a good early bird too. Have a search for Kinara on boards. It's been mentioned a good few times. www.kinara.ie
    Second on this - to me these are the best Indian restaurants in Dublin (of those I've tried). They are a bit pricey so check out their websites beforehand.

Delhiodeli is very good, although it's more like a café. Food there, so I'm told, is particularly authentic. It's vegetarian and tasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Konkan on Clanbrasil St., near Harold's Cross, is really good. Definitely worth travelling for.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A third vote here for Kinara - outstanding.
    A new place called Madhobi - upstairs on the right about 150m before the Artane roundabout is very promising as a runner up (and closing) to Kinara.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

no vindaloo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

spider_pig wrote: »
    no vindaloo?

I'll vouch for Kinara too, been many many times. Ask them to make you a vindaloo or something similar in spiciness, they'll throw it together for a price matching most similar dishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Kinara Kitchen in Ranelagh, best I've been to in recent memory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

spurious wrote: »
    A third vote here for Kinara - outstanding.
    A new place called Madhobi - upstairs on the right about 150m before the Artane roundabout is very promising as a runner up (and closing) to Kinara.
    where?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Suzyq

Des wrote: »
    where?
    Madhobi is where Da Enzos used to be.

Have been dying to try it out so good to see that it's gettng a good review

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Suzyq wrote: »
    Madhobi is where Da Enzos used to be.

Have been dying to try it out so good to see that it's gettng a good review

That's it.
    I've been a few times now since it opened.
    My only gripe (and it really is a small one) is that they favour that multi-coloured Pilau rice that many Indian restaurants do. It doesn't bother me as I usually go for plain rice, but it's a niggle.

Great place though - the owners and staff are very eager to please.
    I went for lunch last Sunday and mentioned a lovely starter* I had had the previous week on a weekday evening. I was really only mentioning it because it was so good and I wanted the chef to know his efforts were appreciated, but next thing the chef had whipped me up a serving of it, even though it was not on the special lunch menu.

That's the kind of treatment that would bring me back to a place.

*for the record, it was Palak Paneer Chaap - fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

have been there twice now (madhobi) and both times i left with a smile on my face. food is very very nice, prices are great, and the 'complimentary' beers / wine just seals the deal!

went last night with herself after work, madhobi is my new fav indian.

service is great, food is great. and yes, they do vindaloo.

had the lamb spinach dish from the set menu last night, gorgeous. and my gf didnt order a starter, but they still gave her the onion baji which she ordered last time, on the house!!

first time we went was for my bday, and we mentioned it talking to him, he gave us a dessert and put a candle in it. small touches that make a difference!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Is it above The Cosy and McHughs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Anyone go Madhobi for lunch actually in Dublin today and want Indian for lunch loads of them don`t open for lunch today?

sorry for delay, heard the man say yesterday they open daily at 12.

and yes, its where da enzos was, beside the artane autos

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Kinara is decent, but not a PATCH on Indie Spice.

If you want absolutely amazing food, that's the place to go. My girlfriend and I had heard about Kinara, and been personally recommended by a friend, but ended up quite underwhelmed.

Also the atmosphere is too uptight and 'posh' in Kinara - Indie Spice has a great chatty social atmosphere.

yeh i like indie spice, there a few times. take away is nice too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Have a look at www.menupages.ie it has 1300 plus restaurants in dublin listed. Should have a good indian section :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Des wrote: »
    Is it above The Cosy and McHughs?

its upstairs in the new building built beside mc hughs

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Best Indian is Diwali on George's St!
    Fab food.

Ananda in Dundrum is also great!
    Afsana just off Temple Bar is also nice, as is Rupsha on Dorset St...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭happyman81

Best Indian is Diwali on George's St!
    Fab food.

Ananda in Dundrum is also great!
    Afsana just off Temple Bar is also nice, as is Rupsha on Dorset St...

Diwali is superb. Great food. Their lamb is good quality meat, no the grissly crap you get in 99% of restaurants. Good chefs specials, a mix of nepali and indian. Attentive, friendly staff. Reasonable price. And they usually throw in a free extra like a drink at the end. Or if you get takeaway, you get a free soft drink and poppadums.

Cannot recommend enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cammag

Diwali is excellent.
    Great for Lunch, for Early Bird and for Dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

has anyone tried poppadom at home in harolds cross? if its as good as the closed poppadom in rathgar and the branch in Sligo then its sure to be the best in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I love Shaan, Saagar is pretty decent too, Jaipur for a more up-market place and deli-o dheli for some good cheap eats

Advertisement