Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Girls

• 09-02-2012 11:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭

What's the opinion on here of the reputation Irish girls seem to have got for being easy?

I've travelled quite a bit for work and a common theme is that the Irish girls have a reputation. A few German guys have said it to me, Dutch guys, American and Australian. The only place I've been in which it wasn't raised with me was the UK. What's the deal?

My girlfriend who is Irish agrees with the label, doesn't like it but can see why people think it.

My mother is American and believes it.

I've worked with Polish women who also said it (but I think they didn't like Irish women out of spite any way)

Australians told me the place to get women in Sydney was the Irish bar scruffy Murphys but you'd wake up next to a disaster in the morning.

Again none of this is my opinion. My own opinion is that some American, Irish and girls from the UK have become ladettes and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I don't like lads, so I guess I don't like the ladettes either

So what is the wider audiences views?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

This is really the view point you need to be thinking from.

"Foriegn girls in foreign places looking for casual fun, what makes them any different to local girls in foreign places looking for casual fun?"

Just because someone has a bit of a fling with someone from abroad and heard the same amongst peers, it's false to assume this means all from abroad are easy. If someone is abroad on a limited term, such as the "gap year" some folks seem to do, it's unlikely they would be interested in getting tied down with a more formal relationship while abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well if you read any of those threads in AH at the weekends on Irish girls being stuck up, it appears us Irish girls are both extremes.

Extremely easy or stuck up. Can't win, can we? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's a bit hard to quantify because a person on holiday (or a year-long trip) will naturally be more outgoing and less stifled by their inhibitions than when they're at home. It's the essence of the holiday romance.

This effect is probably similar when two people of the same nationality meet on holiday. While they have a rapport, they will likely be a little more inhibited than if they were from different countries because there's a chance that their behaviour will get back to the people at home.

Go to any country and ask a group of lads who they'd rather get to spend the day with:
    - A group of local women
    - A group of foreign women

9 times out of ten they'll pick the foreign women because they're more likely to be up for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement