Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House renovation, tradesmen needed!

Options
  • 09-02-2012 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭

Just picked up my house keys yesterday, and the place needs a bit of work done before we move.

Carpets in possibly 1 room
    Laminate floor in 4 rooms
    Semi-solid floor in 1 room
    Tiling in 2 rooms and large hallway

Painting outside and inside (could do it myself but haven't much spare time)

Wallpaper in 1 wall each of 3 rooms

Need a new back door, and the old back door moved to the garage

Need new locks for the house doors, windows and garage roller doors, also need new remote fobs for the electric garage doors.

Any recommendations of tradesmen for these areas would be good! If it's not OK to post details here then PM me. I don't think mobile numbers etc can be posted.

Hope this is OK Mods?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You'll probably need several trades for the various bits and bobs.

Mod hat on: If anyone is posting up any recommendations and/or phone numbers just ensure that the names and numbers can be found in the Golden Pages otherwise stick to PMs with the recommendations. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

muffler wrote: »
    You'll probably need several trades for the various bits and bobs.

I agree with this. Unless you know someone well, more often than not a Jack of all trades is a master of none.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Sorry to confuse, I didn't mean I was looking for an all in one solution.

One for each trade is fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 leonphang

<snip>

No advertising, thanks.

Advertisement