Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

does anyone else think little creatures is highly over-rated? Tried it once at the brewery and wasn't impressed at all!
    Eh, no.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/country/australia/14/

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭howwedoin

Lot of Carlton Draught disliking going on here, I think it's a lot nicer than most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

howwedoin wrote: »
    Lot of Carlton Draught disliking going on here, I think it's a lot nicer than most.

worse than budweiser so it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭howwedoin

There is a most dangerous hangover off it alright but its not bad to get down!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

CiaranC wrote: »

I see Murrays Wild Thing Imperial Stout is #1. Was drinking that in the Tap-House last week. Freakin' awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Gregsor

I'm not out much but when i do i struggle to choose a draught lager in the locals.
    Usually a Cartlon or a VB ordered but neither i am happy with after half drinking.
    Mostly stick to imported lagers for home then Tiger/Heineken or the odd box of Coronas if the weather is wicked and Limes are on the cheap(hardly never) via Danny Murphy's.
    Happy to get a $5 Guinness in one of my locals though,beer of the month in Landsdowne Rd Surfers Paradise,nice pint and for that price:cool:
    I work in a tavern and use Carlton for the Beer battered fish and it makes a good batter if anyone is interested ;),don't use the Midstrength stuff though.
    I do like this breweries produce though http://mirboonorth.vic.au/brewery
    ,bit of a treat sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Has anyone tried Space Beer?.

An Irish styled beer (thats actually a stout) brewed in Manly and apparently the only beer that can be drunk in space.

I've yet to try it, though apparently its not bad at all.

http://vostokspacebeer.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Little Creatures Pale Ale is definitely the stand out for me.

Fat Yak, 150 Lashes and 68 Pale Ale's are all pretty good too. I used to drink the Coopers Pale Ale a lot at home but since I've come over I've found it's nowhere near as good as the other PA's. It is usually cheaper though so I'd drink it a bit still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Had Bridge Road Brewers Robust Porter last weekend, it's really good and definitely a nice one for winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I tried Bostons Mill pale, it pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Anyone know of any Stouts which are a bit like the ones back home - ie a bit creamy? I've tried a good few porters/stouts over here and although I really like um they are all usually slightly carbonated or have a kinda flat texture (like the English style ales)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Slightly off-topic I know but if anyone in Melbourne likes Scotch get yourself into Chez Regine on Russell St., unbelievably good selection and very reasonable prices. Good bottled craft beers for $6/7 as well. Been trying to get the work crew in there for weeks and they finally succumbed last night :)

Back ro beer now! Just having a Mac's Hop Rocker Pilsener and really enjoying it. It's a NZ beer and is on special in Woolies this week. I usually like darker beers but its very tasty, for a Pilsener...

Advertisement