If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pioneer VSX-S300

Options
  • 09-02-2012 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭

Hi

do you guys sell the above receiver? I can't see it on the website. I need a slim receiver if you have any other recommendations.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi

do you guys sell the above receiver? I can't see it on the website. I need a slim receiver if you have any other recommendations.

Thanks

Crack,

yep we do the X300 to order at £239.95 - and delivery would be £12.95..

Other alternatives would be the S500 which we also have available from stock and I can do a killer price on that at £399.95 (its just 8.1 cms high!) and it has most of the bells and whistles that the VSX921 has just in a more compact box, including the excellent iPhone app.....
    .... or the Marantz NR1402 which I can do at £249.95 and its just 10.5 cms high..

Hope that gives you some food for thought and keep me posted if you would like to order or if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 19 1983beebs

I had a vsx c301 a while ago and at low volume the fan drove me nuts!! So I got a full size passively cooled amp off RS to replace it. Just keep it in mind with compact electronics if silence in quiet movie passages is an issue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

1983beebs wrote: »
    I had a vsx c301 a while ago and at low volume the fan drove me nuts!! So I got a full size passively cooled amp off RS to replace it. Just keep it in mind with compact electronics if silence in quiet movie passages is an issue!

Cheers for the heads up. Already have an Xbox fan annoying me so don't want another one! Problem is I have a space constraint in the unit. 10.5cm height would be max limit. Maybe the fan issue isn't there with the newer model..

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Cheers for the heads up. Already have an Xbox fan annoying me so don't want another one! Problem is I have a space constraint in the unit. 10.5cm height would be max limit. Maybe the fan issue isn't there with the newer model..

Hi Crackity,

Had a look around online and haven't seen any reports of a noisey fan. Haven't really come across this issue on many Pioneer products.

I think it's worth while looking at the Marantz NR1402 John mentioned above:

http://marantz.co.uk/uk/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?Catid=HomeTheatre&SubCatId=AVReceiver&ProductId=NR1402

Let me know what you think. :)

Chris

Hi guys,

This kinda dropped off my radar but really need to get something sorted. Have things moved on model wise from the above suggestions? I also need the amp to have two optical inputs.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Bump

Hi guys,

This kinda dropped off my radar but really need to get something sorted. Have things moved on model wise from the above suggestions? I also need the amp to have two optical inputs.

Cheers.

Apologies for the delay getting back to you..

There is a bit more choice now in slimline AVR's

The Pioneer VSX S300 is down to £217.48 (and it has 2 opticals)

See details here:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/pioneer/vsxs300/pion-vsxs300-blk

And the Marantz NR1402 has been replaced by the NR1403 which really is a cracking piece of kit and its just been reduced to £249.95 - which is amazing value:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/marantz/nr1403/mara-nr1403

(but only one optical output!)

However I do have a few of the Monster (but still slimline) Pioneer VSX S500's left that I would clear at just £349.95 which is £100 off the original RRP!
    http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/42/98/405/VSX-S500/page.html

Keep me posted..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John. While I'm considering one of those, it is to replace a dvd player/receiver which is part of 5.1 home cinema kit. Presume the new amp can hook up to the existing speakers? Cheers.

Thanks John. While I'm considering one of those, it is to replace a dvd player/receiver which is part of 5.1 home cinema kit. Presume the new amp can hook up to the existing speakers? Cheers.

There should not be any issue - however do be careful that the subwoofer from your old system is an active jobbie - lots of subs from 'all-in-one' systems' are passive, ie the amplifier is contained in the main unit and therefore they would not be suitable - generally (but not exclusively) if the sub has a mains lead and separate line input you should be ok to use it with your new receiver.

Thanks again,

John McDonald

There should not be any issue - however do be careful that the subwoofer from your old system is an active jobbie - lots of subs from 'all-in-one' systems' are passive, ie the amplifier is contained in the main unit and therefore they would not be suitable - generally (but not exclusively) if the sub has a mains lead and separate line input you should be ok to use it with your new receiver.

Thanks again,

John McDonald

Thanks for the explanation. Seems to be a passive sub alright.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.