Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurent in Clondalkin

Options
  • 09-02-2012 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to head out for something to eat in Clondalkin on Saturday. Its babysitter dependent so don't really want to book anywhere. We usually head to the Himalaya (on the 2/3 occasions a year we can get out) but fancy a change

Any recommendations for somewhere in the Village?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

Haven't been there in a while but the Treetop Restaurant on top of the Laurels do some lovely food
    or if you can go a bit further - Joels on the Naas road just up from Newlands cross

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'd second the Treetop,always been good anytime i've been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

The treetop and Joel's are grand but I reckon the menus haven't changed since the 90's!

Pattaya or Victoria is an option if you fancy a Chinese, or if you can spin up the road to kingswood ive heard good reports about the grill room there, its adjacent to the maldron hotel beside wilsons auctions.

Enjoy your night out either ways!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,893 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Joel's and the Treetops are pretty poor.
    Victoria is good, we were there a few weeks ago and going back this weekend. Edit: might not be able to take you if you can't book though - but on a Saturday night if a place can take you without a booking it's probably crap.
    Still miss Pistachios the Italian restaurant though :( wish they'd re-open.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Babysitter sorted, so booking isn't a problem now.

Thanks for the input

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Just to follow up. We went to the tree top. Rang on saturday afternoon to book a table and was told to just turn up. Which was handy seeing as we were delayed. They extended their 'early bird menu' through the weekend so it was €20 for starter, main, dessert.

Food was fine, service was good. No real problems. Nothing exciting, but couldn't complain

• Registered Users Posts: 34,893 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Anything more than 20 euro would be too much -it's pub grub. OK for what it is but not at a 'night out' price.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Pattaya is one of the best Chinese restaurants in Dublin (let alone Clondalkin IMO). They have a great, cheap 3 course option but if you ask for the 'Chinese Menu', they have a huge selection of authentic Chinese food too. But best of all is their Dim Sum options, again ask for the Dim Sum menu and they've a huge selection.

That's if you want Chinese of course.

If you want something a little fancier, the Louis Fitzgerald Hotel (in behind Joel's on the Naas Rd) does decent grub too.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Patser wrote: »
    Pattaya is one of the best Chinese restaurants in Dublin (let alone Clondalkin IMO).

Could have done without knowing this! Have resisted the urge to go in seeing as it is across the road from me but might give it a try at the weekend.

*shakes fist at Patser*

I've been in The Waterside for food twice in the past week. Very nice food and nice staff. I had the chicken goujons and chips and three dips (garlic, burger sauce and ketchup) last week and the tagliatelle carbonara this week and both get a resounding thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Patser wrote: »
    Pattaya is one of the best Chinese restaurants in Dublin (let alone Clondalkin IMO). They have a great, cheap 3 course option but if you ask for the 'Chinese Menu', they have a huge selection of authentic Chinese food too. But best of all is their Dim Sum options, again ask for the Dim Sum menu and they've a huge selection.

That's if you want Chinese of course.

+ 1, Pattaya is a really nice restaurant, as well as the great value early bird the chinese menu is great. Always chinese people there too, which to me is a great sign of an ethnic restaurant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Birdsong wrote: »
    + 1, Pattaya is a really nice restaurant, as well as the great value early bird the chinese menu is great. Always chinese people there too, which to me is a great sign of an ethnic restaurant

They also have Sky Sports and do Pints of Heineken (or let you bring drink up from the Waterside downstairs) which is great when you want a 'romantic' dinner (while there's a match on;) )

Advertisement