Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have to drive Cork to Galway, which is the best/quickest route?

• 09-02-2012 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Leave Cork and follow the N20 all the ways to Limerick. You go through Mallow and Charleville.

You come onto the M20 in Limerick and join the N18 which is signposted for Galway. You stay on that road until Galway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Leave Cork and follow the N20 all the ways to Limerick. You go through Mallow and Charleville.

You come onto the M20 in Limerick and join the N18 which is signposted for Galway. You stay on that road until Galway..

Thanking you

• Registered Users Posts: 32 OB1CAN

Watch out for the spped vans.

6am outside charleville got caught 3 weeks ago.

Last Saturday 4am just before you leave the N20 by croom to hit the motorway to Galway.

They were sitting on the 60 km sign. I rounded the bend. Saw the van up on a ditch . Saw the sign. Slammed on brakes. I was doing about 80km in the 100km zone but had no chance as the sign was on a bend and therefore entered the 60km over the limit.

The spot is not even listed on the garda website.

I think this is been taken to the extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

There's a €1.80 toll after you pass through the Port Tunnel in Limerick before you hit the N18

Advertisement