Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Went to tax the new camper today

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

N1 = commercial vehicle, can/could cause problems especially with automated systems which take the vehicle category from the central vehicle database at Shannon to determine appropriate 'action'.
    One that comes to mind is the charge for tolls which are much higher for N1 category vehicles. Wrong categorisation can/could also cause problems with speed limit policing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

niloc1951 wrote: »
    N1 = commercial vehicle, can/could cause problems especially with automated systems which take the vehicle category from the central vehicle database at Shannon to determine appropriate 'action'.
    One that comes to mind is the charge for tolls which are much higher for N1 category vehicles. Wrong categorisation can/could also cause problems with speed limit policing.

Yes I did say it could cause all sorts of problems but we don't want to badger people if they're happy do we:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Ok lads an update...
    My car tax was due so I sent that in along with an application for the camper tax last Thursday via post.
    I got a call yesterday from the tax office to say the camper tax is not 95 it's 104 due to a back month and I'd have it in 2-3 days..
    So obviously somebody wasn't minding what they were doing in the back office and just taxed it for me without having to bring it to the tax office :-)

I also rang Shannon about the m category and a lady supervisor called Anne Crowley told me to send it to her with a copy of a letter stating what needs changing and she would do it for me.
    So it's all looking good.
    Insurance and tax went through yesterday
    €341 for insurance €104 for tax.
    Not bad at all

Hi blahblah06,

Glad it's all sorted.

Happy motoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Just an update got the log book back today with category M now in place.
    4 new camper tyres fitted yesterday so I'm ready to rock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭WildWater

blahblah06 wrote: »

Good for you, hope you have a great season.

blahblah06 wrote: »

That's good, all we need now is a bit of reliable weather!!!

Enjoy:).

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Des32

Or a boat !

Advertisement