Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laser Teeth Whitening - Beyond Polus

• 09-02-2012 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Has anyone used the Beyond Polus Laser Teeth Whitening system? Is it good?

I'm thinking of going to the White Smiles Clinic in Dublin and would be grateful to hear of others experiences.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Sarahaw wrote: »
    Has anyone used the Beyond Polus Laser Teeth Whitening system? Is it good?

I'm thinking of going to the White Smiles Clinic in Dublin and would be grateful to hear of others experiences.

To be honest I got my teeth whitened two years ago and did a lot of research, I opted for the zoom in house and got home kit. It was extremely painful but results are amazing and I can do home kit whenever I want a top up, you can also buy syringes of peroxide from the dentist! Best money ever spent! The cheapest I found it was in the dentist in balbriggan I think I paid 250 in total and got my teeth cleaned first! I have seen the results of beyond on two people and was not impressed! Zoom can only be done in dentists where beyond can be done by laser places!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Millem wrote: »
    To be honest I got my teeth whitened two years ago and did a lot of research, I opted for the zoom in house and got home kit. It was extremely painful but results are amazing and I can do home kit whenever I want a top up, you can also buy syringes of peroxide from the dentist! Best money ever spent! The cheapest I found it was in the dentist in balbriggan I think I paid 250 in total and got my teeth cleaned first! I have seen the results of beyond on two people and was not impressed! Zoom can only be done in dentists where beyond can be done by laser places!

Is Zoom laser rather than gum shields bleach type of thing? I really want mine whitened but don't know which is safest ling term and most effective!

mood wrote: »

Is Zoom laser rather than gum shields bleach type of thing? I really want mine whitened but don't know which is safest ling term and most effective!

You can get the zoom in-house treatment which is done in the dentist. I don't know if its a laser but they do use some kind of a light. The use 25% peroxide and with the light it is then 75% (which is why it is so sore!) You can also get the zoom home kit where they will take a mould of your mouth and make up a gum shield and give you 16% peroxide which you put it yourself at nighttime. Zoom is safe I have been doing the home treatment for years. It increases sensitivity though. Just remember it is a whitening not stain removing! So you need to get your teeth cleaned first! Zoom is only available from a dentist and cannot be done in laser clinics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I've had both Beyond and Zoom and Zoom is definitely better and lasts longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

The home kit is great, I've used the crest/every type of strip over the last five years (found them good)but the results I get with the home whitening kit is fantastic!

The dentist swayed me away from laser as she said it's much harsher on the teeth & gums long term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

tan11ie wrote: »
    The zoom home kit is great, I've used the crest/every type of strip over the last five years (found them good)but the results I get with zoom whitening is fantastic!

The dentist swayed me away from laser as she said it's much harsher on the teeth & gums long term.

How much did it cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

mood wrote: »
    How much did it cost?

Mood I just edited my post, thought the name of the home kit was Zoom but it's not.....Anyhow I find it great and very happy with the results. It cost me €100, here is the link with info :)

tan11ie wrote: »

Mood I just edited my post, thought the name of the home kit was Zoom but it's not.....Anyhow I find it great and very happy with the results. It cost me €100, here is the link with info :)

I got the zoom €245 deal in Balbriggan dental care. I also got a check up x rays and teeth clean all included in price. They are great dentists, I travel from south county dublin to go to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Millem wrote: »
    I got the zoom €245 deal in Balbriggan dental care. I also got a check up x rays and teeth clean all included in price. They are great dentists, I travel from south county dublin to go to them.

I'll second that, they are lovely dentists.

Advertisement