Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recycling pillows and duvets

• 09-02-2012 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭

Any idea where i could recycle the above. Have a number of them in the attic and i'm told mungret don't take them. As far as i know the clothes banks don't take either.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Mungret do take them. I've put pillows in there before. See the link

http://www.limerickrecyclingcentres.ie/material_not_accepted.htm

Examples of materials which cannot be accepted at the Limerick Recycling Centres:

Clothing or Textiles that are soiled or in bad condition
    Commercial Builders Waste
    Carpet
    Clingfilm (accepted in Mungret only)
    Fibre Glass Items
    Household Furniture (sofa's, chairs etc.)
    Mattresses
    Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF)
    Plaster Board (not accepted for landfill)
    Treated Timber e.g. creosote and painted.

Now unless the pillows and duvets are a complete disaster I'd not try it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Duvets and pillows are good for insulation. I would leave them in the attic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

our local animal shelter is always looking for them so might be worth trying yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Thanks for the replies. Didn't think mungret took them in but if they do that's great.

Would LAW be interested in them? Id be happier if they were put to good use!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

just an idea, if they're still in good condition, charity shops take them too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭whistlingtitan

Thanks for the replies. Didn't think mungret took them in but if they do that's great.

Would LAW be interested in them? Id be happier if they were put to good use!
    Animal shelters would be glad of them or if you know anyone with a greyhound they would also want them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Just to follow up on this as it maybe helpful again to someone. Mungret no longer take duvets in the recycling center. The charity shops weren't interested in these even if they had been cleaned and i didn't have the time to head out to law but I'll give them a better than usual donation cause i feel guilty about it. I had to use the green star waste facility on the dock road. You pay by weight so it didn't cost a lot.

Advertisement