Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting business while employed and on pension.

Options
  • 09-02-2012 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

i am not sure if this is the correct location for this question but hopefully someone can help.

I am in full time employment and my to be business partner is retired and on a pension.

If we were to start a business and register with the tax office as self employed how would this effect us.

Could my business partner lose any entitlements from his pension or social welfare?
    How would this effect my PAYE in my full time job?
    If i were to lose my full job job would i be able to claim any social welfare?

the business we are thinking of setting would not by any means be enough to pay any bills for at least 3 years unless we had a magician of a marketer.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Advertisement