Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playground(s) near Naas/Newbridge

Options
  • 09-02-2012 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

My brother and his family are coming over from the UK to visit around the St Patrick's day weekend and his two young daughters (oldest is nearly 3) love a good playground with swings, slides etc.

Not having children myself I don't know where there are any nearby (I probably look straight past them) can any one reccommend a good playground near to Naas or Newbridge (a short car journey to get there is fine).

Thanks in advance
    P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

the few that I know

Newbridge
    From Newbridge If you head out the milltown rd, there will be a sports centre on the left, theres a small PG

Naas
    ====
    Up behind ballykane church there is a larger PG

Find the sports/leisure centre in monread and in the park behind there is a larger PG

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

I brought my little 2 and half year old niece to joey's in Naas (in that same shopping centre as the M&S in the middle of the town) - she had a great time. It's one of those climbing frames for kids with a coffee shop for adults -an indoors playground. They have lots of organised activities every day (it was advertised in the place) - give them a ring I suppose. The other place I can think of is the playbarn in Johnstown (you should be able to find it using google) - that's quite big and last time I was there (a couple of years ago) I got the impression it was more aimed for the over 5's up to 12 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gregory

http://www.jungleden.ie/ indoor playground opposite globe retail park in Naas

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

There's a lovely playground in Clane if it's not too far out for you..

There's a big one with a huge jungle gym and different types of swings, slides etc for the older kids and a smaller one with baby seat swings and little rocking horses etc for the little ones..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Usually bring the kids to the one in Clane or the one in Monread, just beside the Gym.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Kilcullen has a great playground too and it is near both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Having visited all of the above mentioned playgrounds many times, my children's favourite is Clane. Park in the Aldi car park and stroll over.

For indoor, Joey's in Naas is defintely the best for their age group, as only children under six years of age are allowed use the facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Kilcullen all the way for me, its a great playground - Clane is good too but Kilcullen is closer to Newbridge for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Celbridge has a lovely one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

For outdoor free ones you have kilcullen, monread park naas, clane village

For indoor pay ones you have tricky tricksters in toughers, playbarn in johnstown, fun factory in m7 business pk, jungle den in naas on monread rd across from woodies. Joeys in the naas town centre is prob best for that age group

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭pitachu

Just wanted to post and say thank you to everyone!

We ended up going to Joey's (great option as it was raining outside) and the playground in Monreed. They were both very much enjoyed by all involved.

Thanks again,
    Pete

Advertisement