Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

old 16mm & 35mm film cans

• 09-02-2012 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hello,
    I've a large amount of old 16mm & 35mm flm cans & looking to sell them, where would be the best place to advertise?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Old cans? With nothing in them?

Adverts.ie or filmmakersnetwork.ie - but don't expect anyone to pay much for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Orbit2012

thanks, there is a market for these as they have age and
    are pretty rare.

Orbit2012 wrote: »
    thanks, there is a market for these as they have age and
    are pretty rare.

How old and rare? What differentiates them from other old film cans?

I've got old cans sitting around my house that were used to send rushes from a Kubrick film to the lab. Nobody cares about them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Orbit2012

I'l come around and collect them

Orbit2012 wrote: »
    I'l come around and collect them

Sound. PM me for details and a price.

• Advertisement

They really arent worth all that much, you see them selling on ebay for a couple of euro every now and again. If the can was used to transfort film for something big like and episode of 24 then it can sell for 8 or 9 dollars but not a whole lot more..

They really arent worth all that much, you see them selling on ebay for a couple of euro every now and again. If the can was used to transfort film for something big like and episode of 24 then it can sell for 8 or 9 dollars but not a whole lot more..

Shudddup!! I was planning on selling the Kubrick cans for about 100 each. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Miguel_Angel

No way!.

I work in the industry and I have had a lot of cans in my hands, from Indy IV to The Tree of life passing through Broken Hugs or Biutiful.

Firstly, when I was a camera intern, I was amazed by that and I collected them, nowadays.. it doesn't matter, they are just cans :D.

But put them on ebay, maybe someone will make your day!!!.

Cheers!.

Advertisement