Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access Waste

Options
  • 09-02-2012 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi.

I'm with Access waste and on their budget account. Have small bin for rubbish and big bin for recycling. My bins were collected weekly for household waste and fortnightly for recycling.

Have noticed in the last 2 weeks that the household bin is only being collected fortnightly now :(

Anyone else experiencing this??

Have emailed access waste and still awaiting a reply after over a week!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Email can be a pretty useless means of communication with some companies. Might be better to try and ring them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Many companies have reduced their prices from before the Christmas but to keep their costs down they only do a collection fortnightly instead of weekly. Whelans in Carlow did the same, they used to collect the houshold waste weekly but dropped the monthly rate by €3 and cut it back to every other week with the recycling bin collected every other week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,998 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Hi.

I'm with Access waste and on their budget account. Have small bin for rubbish and big bin for recycling. My bins were collected weekly for household waste and fortnightly for recycling.

Have noticed in the last 2 weeks that the household bin is only being collected fortnightly now :(

Anyone else experiencing this??

Have emailed access waste and still awaiting a reply after over a week!

Unless I'm reading their Calander wrong it looks like Wicklow has gone to every 2nd week for Green/black bin collections, can't link directly as it's .pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Buffman

OP, did you check out their website?
    How often will my bins be collected?
    Bins are collected on alternate weeks. Your waste bin will be collected one week and your recyclables the next, every week throughout the year.

Most services are like this now, but they should have contacted you to make you aware of any changes.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

Advertisement