Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What subjects do the following teachers study in college to beomce teachers?

• 09-02-2012 3:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭

CSPE
    PE
    Home Ec.
    Woodwork
    Metal Work
    Tech. Graphics
    Computers
    Technology

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭i_am_job

and SPHE

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

PE with other subjects in taught in U.L.Woodwork used to be taught in U.L also,again with other subjects.
    Home Ec. is taught in particular home ec. colleges like St Angela's in Sligo.

Not sure about the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭dg647

PE: UL, UCC
    Home Ec: Sligo
    Woodwork: UL, Letterfrack?
    Metal Work: UL
    Tech. Graphics: Usually part of the Woodwork or Metalwork courses
    Computers: This is often a subject that is just given to teachers to fill up their timetabe, often no qualifications needed
    Technology: Can also be part of Woodwork and Metalwork courses, in UL anyway.
    CSPE: Often another timetable filler

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

PE: UCC, UL, DCU, IT Tralee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Nadser

I teach computers - have a Computer Science degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

I teach two subjects at second level, however when I was doing the HDip in UCD I also completed an optional extra course to enable me to teach SPHE, it involved lectures once a week and a written exam at the end of the course along with the other exams necessary.

Advertisement