Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where To Dump Electrical Items?

Options
  • 09-02-2012 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Am I right in thinking I can dispose of redundant electrical items at the Kinsale Road dump?

Is anyone able to confirm?

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Am I right in thinking I can dispose of redundant electrical items at the Kinsale Road dump?

Is anyone able to confirm?

TIA :)

Yep, did it a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Is there a charge, or does it depend on the size of the item?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

10am til 4 next Saturday 11th in Tesco Wilton carpark and in Mahon Centre
    WEEE Ireland organises and promotes public collection events of WEEE and waste batteries in areas which don’t have convenient access to civic amenity sites. Any household item with a plug or battery will be accepted at these collection events – from large items such as fridges, dishwashers and tumble-dryers, to small household items such as remote controls, electric toothbrushes and everything in between. All waste batteries will be accepted free of charge, including AA and AAA batteries, torch batteries, watch batteries, car batteries and electric fence batteries. WEEE Ireland has collected over 6,400 Tonnes of electrical equipment from special events since 2007 – almost the same weight as the Eiffel Tower!!
    These days are promoted through local schools, local press and radio and again it's free for the general public to bring any batteries or household item with a plug or a battery for recycling. They're a great chance for you to finally clean out the garage or attic.

full detials here http://recyclefree.ie/public_collection_days.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Is there a charge, or does it depend on the size of the item?
    No charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

yiddo59 wrote: »
    10am til 4 next Saturday 11th in Tesco Wilton carpark and in Mahon Centre

by mahon centre do you mean mahon point shopping centre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

hoodwinked wrote: »
    by mahon centre do you mean mahon point shopping centre?

Yes P4 carpark in the mahon point shopping centre?

Advertisement