Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New shops in waterford?

Options
  • 09-02-2012 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

Anyone know in these dire economic times if any shops are closing or any new ones opening?

I know you may think im crazy thinking any new shops are opening, but overall just wondering. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

RobitTV wrote: »
    Anyone know in these dire economic times if any shops are closing or any new ones opening?

I know you may think im crazy thinking any new shops are opening, but overall just wondering. :)

I think theres a Yankee Candle Store coming soon and Also Jane Norman is opening back up again but I have no idea of locations in Waterford. These jobs were being advertised on jobs.ie and Fas. so hopefully they open up soon:D

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

I see great deal carpets on 6 cross rds has closed down.

Also a sushi place opened up down there. Gourmet Sushi I thing they're called.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

cococoady wrote: »

Is this definite? First I've heard about this...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

100%. I was at the door yesterday and there was a note saying thanks to all their customers for their business and any outstanding orders were to be followed up by ringing a mobile no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

100 % definite . He closed the doors last Friday week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Black widow in Micheal st closed about 2 week's ago,but the shop is being refitted at the moment,anyone know what the new shop will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Black widow in Micheal st closed about 2 week's ago,but the shop is being refitted at the moment,anyone know what the new shop will be.
    Trick question?

It'll be refitted

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

seanybiker wrote: »
    Trick question?

It'll be refitted

What do refitted sell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Mmmm with the footfall so low in the City at the momnent you would wonder who would be brave enough to open and selling what? Any ideas what would one sell at the moment that would attract custom?

Lisduggan shopping center opening up a good sized shop soon supposedly. Can't remember details but supposedly its more less a big pound shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Mmmm with the footfall so low in the City at the momnent you would wonder who would be brave enough to open and selling what? Any ideas what would one sell at the moment that would attract custom?
    Drugs! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,343 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Sampled their sushi in the Ard Keen stores - gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

It's going to be another boutique.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Lisduggan shopping center opening up a good sized shop soon supposedly. Can't remember details but supposedly its more less a big pound shop

Another one?? wasnt their 2 or 3 in their before with only 1 now ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Yeah, I heard tis an English company opening a huge pound shop. Can't think of the name of them. They've bought 3 units, where that Cards and Things shop was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Yeah, I heard tis an English company opening a huge pound shop. Can't think of the name of them. They've bought 3 units, where that Cards and Things shop was.

Poundland? Although for fairly obvious reasons they're called something else in Ireland - is it Dealz or something?

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

While its good something new is coming and there will hopefully be created from it I cant help but feel that poundshops are the one thing Warerford already has a lot of :p

c - 13 wrote: »
    While its good something new is coming and there will hopefully be created from it I cant help but feel that poundshops are the one thing Warerford already has a lot of :p

Everywhere has! Even poundland is now undercut by "Yes everything's 99p!" on many UK high streets :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

How long then until the existing Pound Shop in Lisduggan SC folds :(

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Heard from a good source its a shop called dealz, every thing is been sold for 1.49. its taken over 3/4 unites which were morrises, books and things, claires and possibly slic chic is been moved into 40 degrees.

also tescos and the pound shop have been objecting to the moving in of dealz due to there low cut prices, but they were told nothing they can do its competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Just saying to myself the other day how we need another few pounds shops...

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭sonyvision

facebook 'dealz' they have a decent selection of stuff from the look of it, ill know were ill be shopping when they open :D

sonyvision wrote: »
    Heard from a good source its a shop called dealz, every thing is been sold for 1.49. its taken over 3/4 unites which were morrises, books and things, claires and possibly slic chic is been moved into 40 degrees.

also tescos and the pound shop have been objecting to the moving in of dealz due to there low cut prices, but they were told nothing they can do its competition.
    Yeah that's the one. Couldn't think of the name of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

merlante wrote: »
    Just saying to myself the other day how we need another few pounds shops...

Discount chains and coffee shops - its the future!

mike65 wrote: »
    Discount chains and coffee shops - its the future!

I think you have to treat the pound shops like Lidl and Aldi etc., only buy certain things in there. They at least do reveal the price floor and massive profit margin for certain items, I had to buy a fair few padded envelopes recently and Poundland had three for, oh how much was it, oh yes a pound and the same size in another high street store was £2.75 for one!

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 6 marathonmanpat

Went past town the other day and there opening costa coffee shop next to pennys where they used to have a clothes shop for chavs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 rubberducky79

Redlane opened up across the road from River Island where Walls was. Sells womens clothes. Same stuff as the Tramore shop.

Advertisement