Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can some1 advise me before I flip and get in trouble

• 09-02-2012 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I'm living in a college apartment with 5 other lads. 2 of them I'm friends with, 2 of them I get along fine with, but the other one is wrecking my head. A couple months ago, I passed out on the couch and he picked me up and snapped my belt and we had a go at each other. We've been grand since but I just find him the most irritating waste of space that I have ver came across. He doesn't try to annoy but even when I look at him I get thick. He's a slob and comes across as a pure know it all and just everything he's into I personally think is crap. Rag week is coming up shortly and I'm terrified fireworks willg o off 1 of the days. Some times I want to be nice to him and get along and other times I want to strangle him. Anyone have any advice so that I can avoid conflict with him over the next few weeks?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I'm living in a college apartment with 5 other lads. 2 of them I'm friends with, 2 of them I get along fine with, but the other one is wrecking my head. A couple months ago, I passed out on the couch and he picked me up and snapped my belt and we had a go at each other. We've been grand since but I just find him the most irritating waste of space that I have ver came across. He doesn't try to annoy but even when I look at him I get thick. He's a slob and comes across as a pure know it all and just everything he's into I personally think is crap. Rag week is coming up shortly and I'm terrified fireworks willg o off 1 of the days. Some times I want to be nice to him and get along and other times I want to strangle him. Anyone have any advice so that I can avoid conflict with him over the next few weeks?

Stop passing out on the sofa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Kick him in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

he picked you up and snapped your belt eh?

Is that some sort of prison lingo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Yeah he definitely sounds like a waste of space and a slob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

He annoys you by just being there? You have issues and should probably live on your own!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

fairly new to after hours so lets see if i've learned anything...

blast him with p*ss....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Get some MDMA and both of you will be best buddies for a few hours anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

To be fair, the rule is if you pass out on the couch you are fair game...so it sounds like you are just being a bit of a bitch about things OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

One thing is for sure.

You came to the right place for advice!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Ummm, no offence OP but you might want to take a look in the mirror here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

have sex with him, its obvious you fancy each other :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Roll him up in a carpet and throw him off a bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Are you a dog?

:pac:

But seriously, one of you move out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

sexual attraction :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Is his name Felix?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

He does not do anything to annoy you but yet you can't stand him?
    Sounds like you are jealous of him for some reason tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dr. Manhattan

The sexual tension is too much for you both. Just stick your genitals in each other and it will all work out. Probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

First, do this;
    pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Get some MDMA and both of you will be best buddies for a few hours anyway.

Failing that, do this;
    Sindri wrote: »

In the unlikely event you are unable to locate a carpet or a bridge discuss the issue with your other housemates and see if they can assist in locating a carpet or a bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭IrishJack89

Ya the sex 1 or the MDMA could be a good call or even both of them together :)
    Its not just me though, the rest of the housemates think less of him then I do only I'm the poor one who will snap and hit him a flog only to think a while later 'did I go a bit over the top?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

To be fair, the rule is if you pass out on the couch you are fair game...so it sounds like you are just being a bit of a bitch about things OP.

only if your shoes are on!

if the shoes are off you were coherant enough to know what was going on.

If shoes are on you just passed out and therefore all bets are off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Piss on him when he's asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Google Maps will help with the bridge, Google Carpet would help with the carpet but i don't think it exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

He doesn't try to annoy but even when I look at him I get thick.

Like this lad.......

Seachmall wrote: »
    First, do this;

Failing that, do this;

In the unlikely event you are unable to locate a carpet or a bridge discuss the issue with your other housemates and see if they can assist in locating a carpet or a bridge.

I've got a yoga mat but i'd say it only cover his mid section..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Anyone have any advice so that I can avoid conflict with him over the next few weeks?

Go home to Mammy's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

I'm the poor one who will snap and hit him a flog only to think a while later 'did I go a bit over the top?'

I heard Larry Murphy asks himself that all the time... go get some profesional help dude :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Ya the sex 1 or the MDMA could be a good call or even both of them together :)
    Its not just me though, the rest of the housemates think less of him then I do only I'm the poor one who will snap and hit him a flog only to think a while later 'did I go a bit over the top?'

In fairness, apart from the belt thing, whatever the hell that actually was, it seems the only other charges that could be laid against him are being a slob and a know-it-all.
    Hardly worthy of violence and you might find yourself in trouble if you do snap.
    If no-one else can stand him, why don't you all get together and tell him so.

Discuss your issues with him in a quiet setting and try to come to an understanding.

Failing this, wait one night until he's asleep, and them sneak into his room, and when he's not looking...

Glue his sack to his leg! Then ye can call him oul sticky sack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Take everything out of his room, and relocate it to the roof. Make sure that you put it back in the exact same position you left it in. If you do it right, he'll think it's his room, and leave you in peace.

• Advertisement

Take everything out of his room, and relocate it to the roof. Make sure that you put it back in the exact same position you left it in. If you do it right, he'll think it's his room, and leave you in peace.
    Discuss your issues with him in a quiet setting and try to come to an understanding.

Failing this, wait one night until he's asleep, and them sneak into his room, and when he's not looking...

Glue his sack to his leg! Then ye can call him oul sticky sack

Niicee. I knew I came to the right place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

looks like your's is already on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

shite on his chest while he is asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Kill him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

go on an acid trip togther, could go either way, but lets hope for a possitive outcome!

Kill him.

What a sensible and moderate action to take that certainly is justified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Slowly introduce small amounts of an addictive narcotic into his food and beverages. Over the space of 5 to 6 months increase the dosage until he is a full blown addict.

You can then (a) become his drug dealer and have him as your puppet and at your every beck and call OR (b) cut him off cold turkey and watch over the weeks as he spirals into a pit of dispair them as he drops oout of college, has run in's with the law and becomes homeless. Then when he is living on the street, one night go up to him as he is sleeping pick him up and snap his belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

OP, if you want serious advice try the Personal Issues forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

What a sensible and moderate action to take that certainly is justified.

Isn't it though? Solves all my problems usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

OP has a boyfriend...!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭twistedsoul

Get him drunk make him have sex with a dog take pics and blackmail him !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Raditub

phasers wrote: »
    he picked you up and snapped your belt eh?

Is that some sort of prison lingo?

tbh thats exactly what i thought you meant first...haha!!! Sher just tell him to back off...and leave you alone...if u canat get along..just ignore him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Is that a closet door I hear creaking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I'm still trying to work out what "snapped my belt" means. I know it has to be some kinky student thing but I'm not a student :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

I love how you come to boards looking for help when you could easily sort something out else where

The people of boards are basically the Devil that sits on your shoulder screaming "DO IT! KILL HIM"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

A fcukin' what ? who are you ? Gok Wan ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 The Mollusc

Sh*t in his pillowcase!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

mattjack wrote: »

A fcukin' what ? who are you ? Gok Wan ?

I have tears in my eyes from laughing at that :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

But watch out for that crusty old dean Henderson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

so you're the one that passed out on the sofa, yet he is the "slob".

Did you pass out from medical reasons, or was it because you had so much drink in you, you didn't know where you were or what you were doing? Again, how would that make him a slob. He was only trying to tidy the place.

Also it sound like you are looking for support here for the next time you pass out during rag week, so you can have a go at him.

don't drink - that should solve the slob problem. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I'm pretty sure it's the law that college kids drink too much and pass out

• Advertisement
Advertisement