Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Single speaker for tv?

• 09-02-2012 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions for a good value single speaker to hook to the tv to enhance film sound?. I currently have a samsung hd ready tv and the sound isnt that great from it. I dont want the 5.1 surround sound back left/right setup im just looking for what would be considered good single sound speaker for placing in front of the tv?. I could go for a 3 in 1 with all 3 in front of the tv but i dont want to be railing wires around the room to facilitate a 5.1 surround sound which is why i want to keep it simple.
    A sound bar system i think im looking for?.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

What's your budget? I had a listen to the B& We panorama which is pretty good but towards the top of the soundbar scale. A couple of years ago I also heard the yamaha soundbar.
    Soundbars tend to compromise sound so different seating positions can have better or worse audio, but it could work out well for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Idleater wrote: »
    What's your budget? I had a listen to the B& We panorama which is pretty good but towards the top of the soundbar scale. A couple of years ago I also heard the yamaha soundbar.
    Soundbars tend to compromise sound so different seating positions can have better or worse audio, but it could work out well for you.

€200 maybe a bit over.
    Its a standard front room size and i dont listen to music just watch tv episodes and films on a cyclone sumvision media player. Im sure anything will be a great improvement from the sound on the tv alone. Have you got a link to any of these?

Edit: Sorted i bought this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

€200 maybe a bit over.
    :
    :
    Have you got a link to any of these?
    Scratch my suggestions so :-)
    You could try eBay and the like for second hand stuff.

Advertisement