Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

60 New Jobs for Limerick

• 09-02-2012 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭

In UL, according to Live 95, apparently. Anyone hear any more details?

EDIT: It's 60 jobs. I had heard 160 on the news. Oh well, at least it's a few more badly needed positions to be filled.

http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item/sixty-new-jobs-created-in-limerick-/1ea60de9-904b-4ccc-874e-747dd0b65d34

Up to 60 jobs are being created at a major new event centre in UL.

The Pavillion opens today on the North Campus of the university and is a new dedicated facility which will increase the University's capacity to host national and international events.

Several of the positions have already been filled which include restaurant and bar staff, chefs, as well as conference and sports co-ordinators and sales jobs.

The Pavillion is a joint venture with Masterchefs Hospitality based in Ballysimon.

Pat O'Sullivan, general manager of Masterchefs says the jobs have been in the pipeline for a while...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

New pub/restaurant/function room opening on the Northside of the campus.
    Where the All weather pitches are. I don`t think it`s open to the public until tomorrow. Liquor license starts today or tomorrow.
    I walked in for a look around on Monday it looks good. Massive scope for sunny afternoons (Huge plaza, overlooking the GAA pitch).

I would think 60 jobs is a lot, but I could be wrong.
    The place is cool looking though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭niceview

leakyboots wrote: »

Pat O'Sullivan, general manager of Masterchefs says the jobs have been in the pipeline for a while...

Is this the same Pat O'Sullivan as Limerick FC's chairman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Been there for lunch. It was very nice apart from the odd green colour that seems to be popular in castletroy (I'm looking at you brookfield halls><). I had a grand veg soup one day and a nice salad the next. My mates thouhgt it was a bit pricey for their hot lunch, thouhg both said the food was excellent. Staff are very nice. Pretty quiet both days I was there, but it is a nice walk across the living bridge from the UL main campus, so once the weather improves they might get some more people out for a stroll at lunchtime. A group was just walking in as we left, so perhaps they are aiming for the conference/meeting crowd.
    No bar licence yet last Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

They've taken a few wedding bookings already. Was at a fundraiser there last night. Food and service both fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

niceview wrote: »
    Is this the same Pat O'Sullivan as Limerick FC's chairman?

Nope, different one, lovely guy aswell though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭pigtown

Had possibly the nicest biscuit cake I've ever eaten here the other day. Definitely not your typical college sports bar.

Advertisement