Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Comparative.

• 09-02-2012 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

So I've been prioritizing every other subject this year, BUT English, I'm repeating, despite the fact I got an A2 in it last year. Looong story.

Anyay, I've only just decided on my comparative study, which will be:

The Kite Runner.

Empire of the Sun.

And

Dancing at Lughnasa.

Is anybody else doing this combination or something similar? Is it a good idea? Let me know. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I'm doing the kite runner, dancing at lughnasa and inside I'm dancing, and I think it's a great combination. But I can't comment on empire of the sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

finality wrote: »
    I'm doing the kite runner, dancing at lughnasa and inside I'm dancing, and I think it's a great combination. But I can't comment on empire of the sun.
    Snap! All three work really well together - especially for General Vision and Viewpoint I think! Again, can't say anything about Empire of the Sun :/

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kaeb

I might just do Inside I'm Dancing instead actually :)

Do you guys both have notes on these?

Hint hint heh.

My notes are physical ones from my teacher, but I have a couple of essays on both Literary Genre and General Vision and Viewpoint saved on my laptop I could give you? :)

I would absolutely LOVE if you could, you would be saving me a lot of catching up. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Pancake16

My notes are physical ones from my teacher, but I have a couple of essays on both Literary Genre and General Vision and Viewpoint saved on my laptop I could give you? :)

I'm doing Casablanca, The Kite Runner and Dancing at Lughnasa for my comparative. I'm really finding it tough as I struggle at English. Would you be able to send me those essays too please? It would be a great help.

Thanks.

Pancake16 wrote: »
    I'm doing Casablanca, The Kite Runner and Dancing at Lughnasa for my comparative. I'm really finding it tough as I struggle at English. Would you be able to send me those essays too please? It would be a great help.

Thanks.
    No problem! I'll PM you both :)

Thank you so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 eimearb

I'm doing My Sister's Keeper, Inside I'm Dancing and Dancing at Lughnasa for my comparative. I'm really finding it tough as I struggle at English. Would you be able to send me those essays too please? It would be brilliant help. :)

eimearb wrote: »
    I'm doing My Sister's Keeper, Inside I'm Dancing and Dancing at Lughnasa for my comparative. I'm really finding it tough as I struggle at English. Would you be able to send me those essays too please? It would be brilliant help. :)
    No problem :) Just PM me your email address and I'll send them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement