Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DHL and Debt collection agency

• 09-02-2012 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody!

For most of the year of 2011 I have received via DHL many parcels from China (business related goods). When i started receiving parcels from China DHL just delivered the package and I paid requested custom duty/VAT fees to the driver (sometimes cash,sometimes cheque).Every delivery they held until I paid the custom fees and would not release it unless I paid it fully.Now about 3 months since my last delivery with them, and with absolutely no warning or calls or mailings, I have recieved a notice from a ReCope LTD. debt collection company .They seeking (behalf of DHL) money for five delivery's from last year.Seriously - it's absolutely nonsense! My bank statement shows that some cheques has been cashed (only one seems to be not cashed yet).I'm ringing to debt collectors and DHL now,but lots of hassle. DHL delivery driver told me that it's happening a lot of time and there is absolutely nothing to worry about - I'm no expert but that sounds like bull****.I think this can affect my credit score and rating.Plus I must to waste lots of time searching for documents and statements to put things right.

Anyone else got similar problems?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You should deal directly with DHL.

Get a list of all items, and check to make sure taht you paid all duties due on those.

If you do owe money, pay it to DHL. Just double check everything first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

DHL custom fees shown as unpaid when payment has been made (and can be proven)?
    I already stated: Every delivery they held until I paid the custom fees and would not release it unless I paid it fully. My bank statement shows that cheques has been cashed - Not exactly a "technical" problem on my side or what?

DHL seems to use with payment issues a fully automated procedure that would normally require human attention.
    I tried to ring to DHL customs department numerous times and it goes pretty much straight to voicemail. They are people who are 'hard to reach' And when you reach to them, they listen to your problem and always say they will ring me back, but they never do.

I am wondering if there is more than one (mine) issue for the payment issues with DHL Ireland?

In this topic I want to bring together all people with similar problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Milton09

How did this work out for you Seamus, find myself in almost identical situation after getting 2 nasty letters this morning. Driver paid with cheque before Christmas. Dont know if its been cashed yet but if it hasn't
    he must have lost it - wonder where does that leave me now?

Most annoying experience in my life
    Long story short: threatened with legal action (angry and disgusted) - it took a while, but DHL has now got things sorted out

I'm not proud of it but I did it anyway ... and it worked.
    Not the way it's supposed to be but the only way to get things done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Milton09 wrote: »
    How did this work out for you Seamus, find myself in almost identical situation after getting 2 nasty letters this morning. Driver paid with cheque before Christmas. Dont know if its been cashed yet but if it hasn't
    he must have lost it - wonder where does that leave me now?

It's very easy to find out if that particular cheque has been cashed or not, that's where you should start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭soundman45

If you pay a dhl driver for a delivery he must issue you with a receipt for the payment, if not dont pay as you have no proof of payment

They don't issue receipts and goods will be withheld for non-payment.

Advertisement