Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sync Issues

• 09-02-2012 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all
    I just upgraded to the iPhone 4s and donated my old 3g to my sister. The probleb I have is that when I was in her house today, my phone seems to have synced with her contacts and I have lost my own. I figure that when I get home and sync my phone with my pc it will restore my own contacts but I am wondering how I can stop this happening in future......apart from not calling to her house that is!!

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I don't get why were you syncing your new phone in her house?

Did it do it automatically over wireless or something? Isn't there a wireless sync option in settings to turn off...

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭msbrobe

Dades wrote: »
    I don't get why were you syncing your new phone in her house?

Did it do it automatically over wireless or something? Isn't there a wireless sync option in settings to turn off...

I wasn't intentionally syncing in her house - phone was in my pocket. I can see where in settings to turn off auto-sync. I'm going to have to investigate better when I get home. Thanks anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Hmm. Did your sister restore the phone after you gave it to her? If the phone still has the same name I guess its possible that it might start doing a wireless sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭msbrobe

Hmm. Did your sister restore the phone after you gave it to her? If the phone still has the same name I guess its possible that it might start doing a wireless sync.

No Aidan - she hasn't done a restore on it, her laptop in repair shop, I prob should have reset it before I gave to her but then she would have lost the apps I had put on it (...mind you most of them were free anyway and might not even be of interest to her!!) I might get her to try that at the weekend. It's def doing it over the wireless because neither phone was connected to anything at the time.
    Thanks

Advertisement