Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and found phone

Options
  • 09-02-2012 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

About 2 months ago I lost my samsung s2. So I filed a claim with carphone warehouse who I had it insured with and they replaced it. Just the other day I found my lost phone in a work vehicle.
    Can I keep it or should i let carphone know, I have yet to power it on with any sim cards for fear of the iemi number being traced. Is this phone any use to me at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

MrSing wrote: »
    Can I keep it

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think phones that are replaced under insurance usually have their IMEI's blocked anyways. It's to make sure that people don't "lose" their phones by just selling them on for a quick euro afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 choufleur

if it was reported to the network you are with then the imei will be blocked and you will not be able to use it but you can ask it to be unblocked it you wanted by the network.

the replaced phone will not be accepted back as you have already taken it out of the box and used it they will probaly tell you to hang on to it.

Advertisement