Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Healthy, yet stylish trainers/shoes

• 09-02-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hey guys,

Looking for some advice, hopefully someone here can help me. Just had an operation on my foot this week so was advised that I have to wear footwear such as MBT's/skechers from now on.:(

I'm used to wearing stuff like converse etc as I find that they go with my casual kind of style. Has anyone any advice for shoes that have good support/range of motion, AND look even remotely decent? :confused:

Any of the MBT things I've seen have been rank :( and designed for older people. I'm 24 btw!

Thanks for the help,

TD!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Why don't you just get good quality insoles for the shoes you already have? Something with arch support etc. You may have to pay a fair bit for quality ones, but you can just move them from shoe to shoe :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Hey guys,

Looking for some advice, hopefully someone here can help me. Just had an operation on my foot this week so was advised that I have to wear footwear such as MBT's/skechers from now on.:(

I'm used to wearing stuff like converse etc as I find that they go with my casual kind of style. Has anyone any advice for shoes that have good support/range of motion, AND look even remotely decent? :confused:

Any of the MBT things I've seen have been rank :( and designed for older people. I'm 24 btw!

Thanks for the help,

TD!
    Well, Sketchers come in quite an array of styles now. Was quite surprised when I was looking before Christmas. Available widely. At the other end of the spectrum, Ecco shoes TRY to combine style with practicality (don't always get it right) and you may just find something there. Available in Arnotts, their own shop in Wicklow St and various shopping centres. I don't know if Rockport would be any good to you. They are a subsidiary of Adiddas and they aim to provide walkabillity with style. They are widely available online, and I know for sure they have an outlet in Clerys. Hope this is some use to you. Good luck.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Skate shoes, DC's are incredibly comfortable, they're available in every colourway under the sun and they're really hard wearing and have loads of support.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Camper make nice "sensible" shoes. They all have good soles and cushioned lining. They can be expensive, but might be worth it if you need shoes for work/smart casual outfits.

New Balance make sports shoes, but I think their casual range is pretty cool too.

Advertisement