Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking behaviour from Dominos

Options
  • 09-02-2012 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Howdy all, don't know if this is the right place to air this but received a dreadful experience from dominos over the last few days, here's the email I sent them the other day and received no reply (personal info edited of course!) :

"Dear Sir/Madam,

I have been looking for a contact email for the Republic of Ireland and this has been all I have been able to find so hopefully you can help me and if not then point me in the right direction.

On Monday evening I ordered from your branch in castleknock in Dublin at five past eight. My order arrived on time and everything was fine with it.

At a quarter to nine I received a phone call from one of the drivers saying he was outside with a pizza. I'm not the type of person to take advantage of situations like this so I informed him I had already received my order and that I had not called for another so he went off.

At twenty past ten I received another phone call. The man (who had an Indian accent) on the phone was shouting down the line at me asking why did I ring up to say my pizza had arrived with no sauce to send a new one and then send the driver away. I informed him I had not called and he proceeded to shout at me asking who did because somebody at my address did. I once again informed him that I had not rang and neither had my girlfriend, the only other person at this address. He then asked who I had told I was getting pizza and I once again told him I had not informed anyone. The conversation ended with him saying "Okay then". Throughout the whole conversation this man was shouting, accusing and shouted over whenever I tried to speak. Not once did he apologise.

The following day I was still highly annoyed at this and decided to make a complaint to the manager. I rang and asked to speak to the manager and explained what happened to him and he said he would pass me on to the manager from the previous evening. This manager from the previous evening turned out to be the man who was shouting down the phone. I explained to him I was extremely annoyed about what had happened the previous night and that I felt it was no way to treat a customer. He kept saying "yeah but you see where I was coming from", I said that I do but that issue was nothing to do with me and I did not deserve to be spoken to in the manner he spoke to me. At this time he said "well if you think I was being rude I'm sorry for that". I explained to him that it was not a manner of me thinking he was being rude at all, this was undeniable. He repeated again and I said that I work in a business where I call customers a couple of hundred times a week and if I spoke to a customer like that then I would have no job. He then laughingly stated "what do you want? Do you want me to come to your home to apologise". At this stage I had given up and told him I couldn't believe he was mocking me and that he should enjoy his managerial position as he does not deserve it.

I just want to highlight how badly treated a good customer was. I did the right thing by sending the second pizza away. During the course of the second phone call he told me that he had actually sent the pizza to the wrong address, it was meant to go to ** ********* park, where as my address is ** ********* court.

I would appreciate a response to this email as this has taken up a lot of time and I just feel no one should be spoken to like that.

Best Regards, "

Any thought anyone? A justified moan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Eh, he apolgised
    well if you think I was being rude I'm sorry for that

- what do you expect to get from complaining to his superiors? Another apology? Him removed from his position? Free pizza?

This can't end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

choobles wrote: »
    Sounds like he f**ked up, and tried to blame you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭choobles

newbie2 wrote: »
    Eh, he apolgised
    well if you think I was being rude I'm sorry for that

- what do you expect to get from complaining to his superiors? Another apology? Him removed from his position? Free pizza?

This can't end well.

He didn't apologise. His tone of voice was not apologetic at all. Even what he said "if you think I was rude", he didn't see an issue with ringing me and shouting down the phone

the_syco wrote: »
    Sounds like he f**ked up, and tried to blame you?

Yeah seems that way. Not really "customer focused"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Eh, he apolgised

In a derogatory fashion. This guy is giving Domiono's a bad name. If Head Office was to be informed, this guy may be reprimanded properly.

Oh, and I wouldn't be purchasing ANYTHING from that particular branch anymore. Not just out of principle but I'd never be sure there weren't any extra surprises in the pizza

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Yep, "shocking" alright.

RangeR wrote: »
    Eh, he apolgised

In a derogatory fashion. This guy is giving Domiono's a bad name. If Head Office was to be informed, this guy may be reprimanded properly.

Oh, and I wouldn't be purchasing ANYTHING from that particular branch anymore. Not just out of principle but I'd never be sure there weren't any extra surprises in the pizza

Oh staying away like the plague. For principle and fear of spit based extra toppings!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JAKEYCAKEY

try to find out who owns the franchise as the are all privatley owned franchises. And complain directly to them . As they would be the managers direct superior.

JAKEYCAKEY wrote: »
    try to find out who owns the franchise as the are all privatley owned franchises. And complain directly to them . As they would be the managers direct superior.

Any idea how to get such information?

www.dominos.co.uk operate the UK and Irish franchise. I'd say that should be your first port of call. As far as Ireland Dominos is concerned, they are top dog.

Edit : Sorry, their business site is http://www.dominos.uk.com/

• Advertisement

RangeR wrote: »
    www.dominos.co.uk operate the UK and Irish franchise. I'd say that should be your first port of call. As far as Ireland Dominos is concerned, they are top dog.

Edit : Sorry, their business site is http://www.dominos.uk.com/

The email posted above is the one I sent their uk contact centre obtained through the second address. Still awaiting a response though! Have to play the waiting game I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

the Country is on its knees and you are moaning about a pizza delivery:rolleyes:

get over it I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Right, seems to me that he apologised twice. You may not have liked the way or manner he apologised, but he did - perhaps this is his particular manner? Some people are unintentionally abrasive, it's just the way they are or how they were brought up, and unless you know them on a personal level, you may be assuming he was being sarcastic.

To be honest, I'm not sure where you are going with this and more to the point I don't understand why, when he started getting abusive, you didn't just tell him to 'eff off' and hang up?

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    the Country is on its knees and you are moaning about a pizza delivery:rolleyes:

get over it I say.

Only a matter of time before a "country is on its knees" comment

Retail situations are bad so you're suggestion is put up with terrible service and just get on with it?

It is a retailers responsibility to provide a good service to keep their customers and therefore keep money coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

get over it I say.

Nonsense post. Hate this excuse,"the country is on knees", ye so I guess then we should give up expecting to get good customer service when we pay money.

Some people.

RoboRat wrote: »

To be honest, I'm not sure where you are going with this and more to the point I don't understand why, when he started getting abusive, you didn't just tell him to 'eff off' and hang up?

Taking the higher ground!

Taking the higher ground

Fair enough if that floats your boat but surely if you believed in taking the higher ground, you would accept his apology?

Personally I wouldn't be (a) bothered to listen to someone being abusive to me or (b) spend time looking to complain about someone, but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

You did absolutely right in contacting a higher authority in Domino's than him. The franchise owner I'm sure will be delighted to hear from you.

I had a difficulty with Domino's before where they made and sent the wrong Pizzas and wrong chicken, got in touch with the branch and in turn the franchise owner contacted me, could not have been more apologetic, accepted that they had problems in the branch that they would be sorted out and credited my account with €100.00, I said no to it as I didn't think the credit amount justified the height of the complaint but he insisted and was very apologetic. Now that's what I call customer service.

I imagine Domino's will sort the attitude of this manager out.

RoboRat wrote: »
    Taking the higher ground

Fair enough if that floats your boat but surely if you believed in taking the higher ground, you would accept his apology?

Personally I wouldn't be (a) bothered to listen to someone being abusive to me or (b) spend time looking to complain about someone, but that's just me.

You'd just accept it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,289 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Only a matter of time before a "country is on its knees" comment

It usually comes from the complainent. "You'd think they'd want my business with the economy as bad as it is". But it certainly comes up in 80% of these threads.

Sounds like you were treated poorly OP, but what are you looking to get out of it? Write a letter to the franchise holder and forget about it would be my suggestion. if it happens often he'll lose his job. if its a one off, then hopefully he'll learn from whatever disciplinary action is involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Try getting on to the Domino's Ireland facebook page, they should get back to you very quickly, http://www.facebook.com/DominosIreland

vicwatson wrote: »
    You did absolutely right in contacting a higher authority in Domino's than him. The franchise owner I'm sure will be delighted to hear from you.

I had a difficulty with Domino's before where they made and sent the wrong Pizzas and wrong chicken, got in touch with the branch and in turn the franchise owner contacted me, could not have been more apologetic, accepted that they had problems in the branch that they would be sorted out and credited my account with €100.00, I said no to it as I didn't think the credit amount justified the height of the complaint but he insisted and was very apologetic. Now that's what I call customer service.

I imagine Domino's will sort the attitude of this manager out.

Wow that's a result!
    Not looking for anything like that either just a sincere apology and to know that people won't be spoken to like that.
    I work in retail myself and would never speak to anyone like that and so see no need for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

An "apology" with a qualification such as that is no apology at all. I have no issue with you complaining to his boss. I don't think you can order from that Domino's again though.

No one forces you to use Dominos. If you don't like the service, go somewhere else. You paid for a pizza and got a pizza. Best you will get is a few free bodily fluid covered pizzas. Good customer service is not a right.

You can be sure the franchise owner will not want this type of non caring customer service to occur in his franchise.

They'll sort it out one way or the other.

The day of accepting any aul type of customer service is long gone, people demand more now and so they should have in the past but alas.

Don't matter if the country is on it's knees or what, the OP paid good money for a service and the continuance of abuse by this Domino's is unacceptable. Simples.

You'd just accept it?

No, I said I would have hung up. You said you were 'taking the higher ground' which is essentially stating that you are taking the moral high ground. If that's the case then I would assume that you would just accept his apology?

I have dealt with many foreigners, and some can come across as quite abrasive when they are actually very nice. I'm not saying that he wasn't being sarcastic but unless you know someone, its impossible to correctly say whether they are sarcastic or not.

No one forces you to use Dominos. If you don't like the service, go somewhere else. You paid for a pizza and got a pizza. Best you will get is a few free bodily fluid covered pizzas. Good customer service is not a right.

Maybe not on your planet, but on mine good Customer Service is a must as well as a right :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

get over it I say.

The country is on its knees and you are moaning about a post on boards.ie ?

geeby wrote: »

Once again, we should just accept poor customer service? And not even the service itself that's the issue it's what happened after that's the problem, you think that's perfectly fine to accept?

• Advertisement

As a business owner, I would fully understand if a customer walked away from MY business and went to a competitor. However, I would fully appreciate knowing that they were treated badly by someone representing my company. I [and have] could then take appropriate action to minimise this happening to another [potential] customer.

It's not about what you can get for free as a consumer, hard done by. Honestly, it's for the greater good. If we provide a great service, we get revenue and the customer goes away feeling good.

If you have a problem, complain to the appropriate person so it can be dealt with. Usually it's a reprimand, rarely [but does happen] it's a P45.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement