Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking behaviour from Dominos

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

RoboRat wrote: »
    I have dealt with many foreigners, and some can come across as quite abrasive when they are actually very nice. I'm not saying that he wasn't being sarcastic but unless you know someone, its impossible to correctly say whether they are sarcastic or not.

Those sort of people should NOT be in public facing positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Those sort of people should NOT be in public facing positions.

Agreed, but some employers actually put them there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭choobles

You'd just accept it?

I have dealt with many foreigners, and some can come across as quite abrasive when they are actually very nice. I'm not saying that he wasn't being sarcastic but unless you know someone, its impossible to correctly say whether they are sarcastic or not.

Honestly, doesnt matter the person is from, speaking to people in that manner is not acceptable.

Not even starting on the "I have dealt with many foreigners" statement......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Anyone who thinks that that was a legitimate apology is a tool. Going by the story, the "manager" behaved like an immature little **** and how he got his position in the company is mind boggling.

He was completely out of line and the OP was right to send that letter of complaint.

choobles wrote: »

Dear God, what is wrong with that statement? I have dealt with many foreigners and their mannerisms can vary from country to country. That's not a racist remark, just an observation. I was just pointing out that what you perceive to be sarcastic, might be their particular manner.

Anyhow, take the high ground but I hope you don't get altitude sickness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Only a matter of time before a "country is on its knees" comment

Retail situations are bad so you're suggestion is put up with terrible service and just get on with it?

It is a retailers responsibility to provide a good service to keep their customers and therefore keep money coming in.

Maybe I read your post wrong. Are the facts:

1. you ordered a pizza...it came on time.

2. you paid for what you ordered only.

Now ...Dominos get a later call from someone saying there is an error with your Pizza.

Dominos do the decent thing and send out a replacement Pizza.

But you did not make the 2nd call. But Dominos did get a second call ? yes , and responded appropriately...very fairly in fact.

Who made the 2nd call? probably a neighbour as a prank. is that Domino's fault?

were you charged extra?

Did you enjoy your Pizza?

Did the member put his side of the story and apologise? yes...obviously not in a grovelling enough manner for you.
    The only time the OP has piped up excited is when he heard of the €100 voucher someone else got. So that's what you really want....4 Free FAT PIZZAS

Like I said ...in my opinion..this shouldn't be keeping you awake at night.

Anyhow, take the high ground but I hope you don't get altitude sickness.

Thanks for the input John terry

Explain please?

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Only a matter of time before a "country is on its knees" comment

Retail situations are bad so you're suggestion is put up with terrible service and just get on with it?

It is a retailers responsibility to provide a good service to keep their customers and therefore keep money coming in.

Maybe I read your post wrong. Are the facts:

1. you ordered a pizza...it came on time.

2. you paid for what you ordered only.

Now ...Dominos get a later call from someone saying there is an error with your Pizza.

Dominos do the decent thing and send out a replacement Pizza.

But you did not make the 2nd call. But Dominos did get a second call ? yes , and responded appropriately...very fairly in fact.

Who made the 2nd call? probably a neighbour as a prank. is that Domino's fault?

were you charged extra?

Did you enjoy your Pizza?

Did the member put his side of the story and apologise? yes...obviously not in a grovelling enough manner for you.
    The only time the OP has piped up excited is when he heard of the €100 voucher someone else got. So that's what you really want....4 Free FAT PIZZAS

Like I said ...in my opinion..this shouldn't be keeping you awake at night.

I like how you say that I "got excited" at that and ignored the fact that I said I don't want anything like that

Howdy all, don't know if this is the right place to air this but received a dreadful experience from dominos over the last few days, here's the email I sent them the other day and received no reply (personal info edited of course!) :

"Dear Sir/Madam,

I have been looking for a contact email for the Republic of Ireland and this has been all I have been able to find so hopefully you can help me and if not then point me in the right direction.

On Monday evening I ordered from your branch in castleknock in Dublin at five past eight. My order arrived on time and everything was fine with it.

At a quarter to nine I received a phone call from one of the drivers saying he was outside with a pizza. I'm not the type of person to take advantage of situations like this so I informed him I had already received my order and that I had not called for another so he went off.

At twenty past ten I received another phone call. The man (who had an Indian accent) on the phone was shouting down the line at me asking why did I ring up to say my pizza had arrived with no sauce to send a new one and then send the driver away. I informed him I had not called and he proceeded to shout at me asking who did because somebody at my address did. I once again informed him that I had not rang and neither had my girlfriend, the only other person at this address. He then asked who I had told I was getting pizza and I once again told him I had not informed anyone. The conversation ended with him saying "Okay then". Throughout the whole conversation this man was shouting, accusing and shouted over whenever I tried to speak. Not once did he apologise.

The following day I was still highly annoyed at this and decided to make a complaint to the manager. I rang and asked to speak to the manager and explained what happened to him and he said he would pass me on to the manager from the previous evening. This manager from the previous evening turned out to be the man who was shouting down the phone. I explained to him I was extremely annoyed about what had happened the previous night and that I felt it was no way to treat a customer. He kept saying "yeah but you see where I was coming from", I said that I do but that issue was nothing to do with me and I did not deserve to be spoken to in the manner he spoke to me. At this time he said "well if you think I was being rude I'm sorry for that". I explained to him that it was not a manner of me thinking he was being rude at all, this was undeniable. He repeated again and I said that I work in a business where I call customers a couple of hundred times a week and if I spoke to a customer like that then I would have no job. He then laughingly stated "what do you want? Do you want me to come to your home to apologise". At this stage I had given up and told him I couldn't believe he was mocking me and that he should enjoy his managerial position as he does not deserve it.

I just want to highlight how badly treated a good customer was. I did the right thing by sending the second pizza away. During the course of the second phone call he told me that he had actually sent the pizza to the wrong address, it was meant to go to ** ********* park, where as my address is ** ********* court.

I would appreciate a response to this email as this has taken up a lot of time and I just feel no one should be spoken to like that.

Best Regards, "

Any thought anyone? A justified moan?

If a shop doesnt make customers happy, through poor value or service, it will lose customers and ultimately lose enough to be forced to close. A form of natural selection. However the OP clear states that the person apologised twice and this still wasn't enough. They also explained why the mistake was made. Despite denying it, it seems to me like the OP is looking for something for free. An apology isn't going to be any more sincere now or after further complaints from the person who called her. I would also draw your attention to the OP's statement - 'The man (who had an Indian accent)' which in no way needed to be stated as it has no relevance whatsoever. Unless the OP has extensive knowledge of Indian and Asian dialects, I would suggest this complaint is more to do with a previous experience with 'Indian' customer service or some racist issues.

• Advertisement

May I also add that YOUR statement was the racist one, an 'Indian sounding guy'. What exactly does his country of origin have to do with the matter at hand? There was no need for YOU to being race into it, you could easily have said the duty manager.

Don't imply that I am a racist, you know absolutely nothing about me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Wow that's a result!
    Not looking for anything like that either just a sincere apology and to know that people won't be spoken to like that.
    I work in retail myself and would never speak to anyone like that and so see no need for it

"WOW THAT'S A RESULT"

did you say that or are my eyes deceiving me?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

"WOW WHAT A RESULT"

Yes your eyes are indeed deceiving you :D

OP actually said "Wow that's a result!" (oh you've edited your post now)

And they are right, it was a result, not the one I wanted but a result nonethless.

This issue is about having a customer, treating them right, so they are happy and you are happy - as they return to you.

I would be very surprised if the franchise manager sides with the branch manager, I expect him to have more at stake than the branch manager and therefore will wnat to sort this matter out to the satisfaction of the customer.

vicwatson wrote: »
    "WOW WHAT A RESULT"

Yes your eyes are indeed deceiving you :D

OP actually said "Wow that's a result!" (oh you've edited your post now)

And they are right, it was a result, not the one I wanted but a result nonethless.

This issue is about having a customer, treating them right, so they are happy and you are happy - as they return to you.

I would be very surprised if the franchise manager sides with the branch manager, I expect him to have more at stake than the branch manager and therefore will wnat to sort this matter out to the satisfaction of the customer.

And he also missed this in the post:
    "Not looking for anything like that either just a sincere apology and to know that people won't be spoken to like that."

Eye tests all round :D

geeby wrote: »
    Howdy all, don't know if this is the right place to air this but received a dreadful experience from dominos over the last few days, here's the email I sent them the other day and received no reply (personal info edited of course!) :

"Dear Sir/Madam,

I have been looking for a contact email for the Republic of Ireland and this has been all I have been able to find so hopefully you can help me and if not then point me in the right direction.

On Monday evening I ordered from your branch in castleknock in Dublin at five past eight. My order arrived on time and everything was fine with it.

At a quarter to nine I received a phone call from one of the drivers saying he was outside with a pizza. I'm not the type of person to take advantage of situations like this so I informed him I had already received my order and that I had not called for another so he went off.

At twenty past ten I received another phone call. The man (who had an Indian accent) on the phone was shouting down the line at me asking why did I ring up to say my pizza had arrived with no sauce to send a new one and then send the driver away. I informed him I had not called and he proceeded to shout at me asking who did because somebody at my address did. I once again informed him that I had not rang and neither had my girlfriend, the only other person at this address. He then asked who I had told I was getting pizza and I once again told him I had not informed anyone. The conversation ended with him saying "Okay then". Throughout the whole conversation this man was shouting, accusing and shouted over whenever I tried to speak. Not once did he apologise.

The following day I was still highly annoyed at this and decided to make a complaint to the manager. I rang and asked to speak to the manager and explained what happened to him and he said he would pass me on to the manager from the previous evening. This manager from the previous evening turned out to be the man who was shouting down the phone. I explained to him I was extremely annoyed about what had happened the previous night and that I felt it was no way to treat a customer. He kept saying "yeah but you see where I was coming from", I said that I do but that issue was nothing to do with me and I did not deserve to be spoken to in the manner he spoke to me. At this time he said "well if you think I was being rude I'm sorry for that". I explained to him that it was not a manner of me thinking he was being rude at all, this was undeniable. He repeated again and I said that I work in a business where I call customers a couple of hundred times a week and if I spoke to a customer like that then I would have no job. He then laughingly stated "what do you want? Do you want me to come to your home to apologise". At this stage I had given up and told him I couldn't believe he was mocking me and that he should enjoy his managerial position as he does not deserve it.

I just want to highlight how badly treated a good customer was. I did the right thing by sending the second pizza away. During the course of the second phone call he told me that he had actually sent the pizza to the wrong address, it was meant to go to ** ********* park, where as my address is ** ********* court.

I would appreciate a response to this email as this has taken up a lot of time and I just feel no one should be spoken to like that.

Best Regards, "

Any thought anyone? A justified moan?

If a shop doesnt make customers happy, through poor value or service, it will lose customers and ultimately lose enough to be forced to close. A form of natural selection. However the OP clear states that the person apologised twice and this still wasn't enough. They also explained why the mistake was made. Despite denying it, it seems to me like the OP is looking for something for free. An apology isn't going to be any more sincere now or after further complaints from the person who called her. I would also draw your attention to the OP's statement - 'The man (who had an Indian accent)' which in no way needed to be stated as it has no relevance whatsoever. Unless the OP has extensive knowledge of Indian and Asian dialects, I would suggest this complaint is more to do with a previous experience with 'Indian' customer service or some racist issues.

If you had read the full post you would see I had made reference to the accent as this was an email to dominos and this would help identify who it was on the phone.

I would repeat I ain't looking for something free and I dont have any deep seated issues Indian people but thanks for attempting to pscho analyse me :D

So are you not going to bother to answer why you called me John Terry? Happy to just throw those sort of remarks out there?

Care to also tell me why YOU mentioned the guys accent when it has nothing to do with the point you were making?

I was only making a point based on the fact that YOU said he sounded Indian, yet you have the gall to imply I am a racist?
    If you had read the full post you would see I had made reference to the accent as this was an email to dominos and this would help identify who it was on the phone.

Really? Surely saying the manager on the night was the person responsible could have cleared that one up. Probably more accurate that saying the guy with the Indian accent; there may be more than one 'guy with an Indian accent' or perhaps someone from Pakistan or Sri Lanka or Bangladesh might also work there?

May I also add that YOUR statement was the racist one, an 'Indian sounding guy'. What exactly does his country of origin have to do with the matter at hand? There was no need for YOU to being race into it, you could easily have said the duty manager.

Don't imply that I am a racist, you know absolutely nothing about me.

Your quote is incorrect as I said he had an Indian accent and as explained this was an email sent to dominos and this was used to help identify the person in question.

So are you not going to bother to answer why you called me John Terry? Happy to just throw those sort of remarks out there?

Care to also tell me why YOU mentioned the guys accent when it has nothing to do with the point you were making?

I was only making a point based on the fact that YOU said he sounded Indian, yet you have the gall to imply I am a racist?

Em I did reply clearly just at same time as you posted that

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Enough of this waffle, which goes nowhere to addressing the issue raised.

OP - I've sent Domino's Ireland a tweet with a link to this thread, and they have responded saying that they will look into it.

Thread closed for now

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement