Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you believe you have a soul?

• 09-02-2012 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭twistedsoul

No fish jokes :rolleyes:

Do you believe you have a soul? 199 votes

Yes, I have a soul.
    0% 0 votes
    No, I do not believe I have a soul.
    37% 74 votes
    I'm gonna troll this thread anyway, so it doesn't matter.
    62% 125 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dr. Manhattan

No fish jokes :rolleyes:

Would you just carp on about it if we made some?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

pfft only black people have soul:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

i got soul, but i'm not a soldier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

i've got 2 on my shoes

want one? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Nope, I have no soul.

• Advertisement

Killer joke dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

I know I have many soles

On the bottom of my shoes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Would you just carp on about it if we made some?

Even though he said no fish jokes, I knew someone would throw one in just for the halibut!!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Even though he said no fish jokes, I knew someone would throw one in just for the halibut!!

I assumed he was ony codding when he said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Making a fish joke in a thread about having a soul? Would seem outta plaice, I guess.

And no, I don't have a soul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I'm black and I'm proud! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

only an "R"

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Making a fish joke in a thread about having a soul? Would seem outta plaice, I guess.

In fairness, the thread would have floundered without them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Not in the traditional sense. I do believe humans can lose touch with their inate humanity and turn feral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

a s oul

Sweet! I love The Krillers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

you traded my soul for pogs???????

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Nah, I'm a ginge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

RichieC wrote: »
    Not in the traditional sense. I do believe humans can lose touch with their inate humanity and turn feral.

Dats maaaddd da is.

All who made ****e marine based jokes have no soul.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

What exactly is a soul?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

John Doe1 wrote: »
    pfft only black people have soul:cool:

And Northsiders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I'm worm food that's still in the manufacturing stage. Nothing more.

Kiera wrote: »
    What exactly is a soul?

it's the internal mechanism that makes automatic doors open when you walk up to them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Kiera wrote: »
    What exactly is a soul?

Well it started off as R&B became soul and then suddenly became R & B again

Does that help

Don't ask about Northern Soul, or we will be here al night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

when you sneeze thats your soul trying to escape, saying god bless you crams it back in!
    and it can swim, its even got wheels in case you die in the desert

:pac: :D:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

When you sneeze thats your soul trying to escape, and saying bless you forces it back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Who can say?

I certainly feel that I do, but I'm always fully aware that this sense, and even my own sense of consciousness, might simply be a creation of the electrical impulses in my brain, and thus an entirely physical thing which creates a sense of something beyond the physical.

However, I have noticed that I usually weigh less after I go to the bathroom in the morning, so it's highly probable that that weight difference is due to my soul leaving my body.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

The word "soul" pisses me off. It's essentially a buzzword ala "energy" to describe a host of characteristics that are actually formed in the brain. Back in primitive times when very little was known about the brain, people would automatically think that any kind of courage, emotion or morality etc a person had came from their "soul"- a simple, religious explanation for something they couldn't fathom. Well no, all these things are born out of the complexities of the brain so there is absolutely no such thing as a soul-just one's brain which makes us tick on a spiritual level.

Soul is just a nice airy-fairy word to sum up all of these emotions. I mean can someone tell me where it can be found or will I be given a load of astral mumbo jumbo that is in no way tangible with science?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

The word "soul" pisses me off. It's essentially a buzzwod ala "energy" to describe a host of characteristics that are actually formed in the brain. Back in primitive times when very litte was known about the brain, people would automatically that any kind of courage, emotion or morality etc a person had came from their "soul"- a simple, religious explanation for something they couldn't fathom. Well no, all these things are born out of the complexities of the brain so there is absolutely no such thing as a soul-just one's brain which makes us tick on a spiritual level.

Soul is just a nice airy-fairy word to sum up all of these emotions. I mean can someone tell me where it can be found or will I be given a load of astral mumbo jumbo that is in no way tangible with science?

You can only see it when you open your third eye and look into the heart of hearts of the collective consciousness of humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

i gave my soul to milhouse the little rat.Gave it to him n a piece of paper for a few quid.WEIRD stuff is going on without it, trying to track him down

Might just head of to Moes for a flaming moe until I think of a plan to get it back

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

You can only see it when you open your third eye and look into the heart of hearts of the collective consciousness of humanity.

hahahahaha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭2012 Rio

I had one a while back, but I sold it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

it's the internal mechanism that makes automatic doors open when you walk up to them!
    Well then I don’t have one. Those poxy doors never open for me. I’m always left standing there like a tit.
    Well it started off as R&B became soul and then suddenly became R & B again

Does that help

Don't ask about Northern Soul, or we will be here al night

Nope, doesnt help :P

The word "soul" pisses me off. It's essentially a buzzword ala "energy" to describe a host of characteristics that are actually formed in the brain. Back in primitive times when very litte was known about the brain, people would automatically think that any kind of courage, emotion or morality etc a person had came from their "soul"- a simple, religious explanation for something they couldn't fathom. Well no, all these things are born out of the complexities of the brain so there is absolutely no such thing as a soul-just one's brain which makes us tick on a spiritual level.

Silly guy believing the scientists because they have degrees. Can you tell me where the courage factory exists in this brain you speak of. Oh the courage organ . Could be the medula oblumgata i suppose. Crocodiles are angry because they have all them teeth and nobody to brush them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭tony007

That's...... special

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭2012 Rio

No, I have a Rio. I test drove the Soul but i didn't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I don't believe I have a soul but this is one occasion where I would be happy to be proved wrong :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Of course. Am weighed down with soul it's a immense burden in rocco's cutthroat modern life

or.. the spiritual I don't believe in but I like to keep the spirit

cloptrop wrote: »
    Silly guy believing the scientists because they have degrees. Can you tell me where the courage factory exists in this brain you speak of. Oh the courage organ . Could be the medula oblumgata i suppose. Crocodiles are angry because they have all them teeth and nobody to brush them.

What the f*ck are you on about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

James brown had soul till he kicked the eternal soul bucket

Did is about as silly as believing in a god :) or Aslan is really a talking lion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

No, because I'm an atheist...
    ... and ginger.

What the f*ck are you on about?

You should probably try read the post again after the quote that preceeds the post. If this does not put things in perspective for you , I probably couldnt . I also find saying what are you on about is alot more civil than saying what the **** are you on about , maybe because my soul is more sensitive than yours.

gcgirl wrote: »
    James brown had soul till he kicked the eternal soul bucket

he gave up the kfc?! couldnt live without his soul food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I had one, but I traded it for a pack of twenty menthols. Some guy with hooves, didn't say what he needed it for.

Nah cremation all the way with highway to hell blasting out the speakers

Soul: A persons moral or emotional nature or sense of identity. That'll die with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Hooray for low self-esteem?

I always found the whole "I'm just worm food" thing a bit strange. Surely no one in their right mind could possibly consider themselves as being nothing more than "worm food in the manufacturing stage".

Checked the poll, majority insisting they have no soul. I rest my case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement